360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
1,693 Posts
Matt has put together the best option for tuna fishing out of Galveston. He added more bunks, more range and now new engines... my only ask would be a shower for after the fishing but all in all it’s an awesome Captain, boat and crew with a proven reputation for catching fish!

·
1,118 Posts
Matt has put together the best option for tuna fishing out of Galveston. He added more bunks, more range and now new engines... my only ask would be a shower for after the fishing but all in all it's an awesome Captain, boat and crew with a proven reputation for catching fish!
I'll second that. The fact that these trips sell out so fast speaks volumes to the Captain and Crew on the New Buc. Now to just convince them to stop tourist fishing and focus on Tuna ALL YEAR LONG! (I know pipe dream, cattle call pays the bills blah blah blah)

·
258 Posts
I hope to do a few after mid February but we have a lot to do before that can happen.
Understood. I just got vaccinated so am "allowed" to go fishing again, or at least I can in a few weeks! Some health concerns in the family have kept me away from crowds, so I am so anxious to get out there! If not Feb, see you in May when I am already booked. Take care

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you have ever fished a boat that has one it's nice to be able to clean up after 2 days of fishing...
Okay, I get it Scuba...I've only done the 30 hour trips, and hit the shower immediately after my 5 hour drive. So, I see what you mean...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Unfortunately a shower is not in the plans. The boat doesn’t have a big enough freshwater tank.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I can't recall, but does the mens/women's restroom at the parking lot across from the office have a shower? I know that wouldn't be what's preferred, and would take up driving time back home, but better than nothing at all I guess?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't recall, but does the mens/women's restroom at the parking lot across from the office have a shower? I know that wouldn't be what's preferred, and would take up driving time back home, but better than nothing at all I guess?
That would be great but there are no showers on dock. I guess we'll have to bring a 5 gallon water jug on the trip instead of 1 gal to rinse off. j/k .

·
Registered
384 Posts
You guys can use wet wipes also if needed. I know some people might have a medical condition or be a little sensitive but a shower would not be a deal breaker for me to go tuna fishing. 2 days without a shower it’s very doable.

21 - 40 of 111 Posts