360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For booking and availability go to our website galvestonpartyboats.com or give us a call (409)763-5423. The office will begin taking reservations on Tuesday, July 26 at 8am.
This seasons prices will be...
30 hrs-$450 max 38 passengers
36 hr deep drop-$700 max 22 passengers
56 hr-$750 max 38 passengers
If you have any questions feel free to ask here or shoot me a PM.

Aug
22-24 Mon-Wed 36 hr bottom
29-31 Mon-Wed 36 hr bottom
Sept
5-7 Mon-Wed 36 hr bottom
12-14 Mon-Wed 36 hr bottom
19-20 Mon-Tues 1/2 moon 30 hr
22-23 Thurs-Fri 1/4 moon 30 hr
26-27 Mon-Tues new moon 30 hr
29-30 Thurs-Fri new moon 30 hr
Oct
3-4 Mon-Tues 1/2 moon 30 hr
13-14 Thurs-Fri 3/4 moon 30 hr
17-18 Mon-Tues 1/2 moon 30 hr
20-21 Thurs-Fri 1/4 moon 30 hr
24-25 Mon-Tues new moon 30 hr
27-28 Thurs-Fri new moon 30 hr
Nov
3-4 Thur-Fri 3/4 moon 30 hr
14-15 Mon-Tues 3/4 moon 30 hr
17-18 Thurs-Fri 1/2 moon 30 hr
20-22 Sun-Tues 1/8 moon 56 hr
28-29 Mon-Tues 1/4 moon 30 hr
Dec
1-2 Thurs-Fri 1/2 moon 30 hr
12-13 Mon-Tues 3/4 30 hr
18-19 Sun-Mon 1/4 moon 30 hr
21-22 Wed-Thurs new moon 30 hr
27-28 Tues-Wed 1/2 moon 30 hr

·
Registered
271 Posts
For the 56 hr trip in late Nov, anything different planned (ex: Lucious), or just more time at the usual spots.
If you don't know Matt by now, he doesn't go to places just because, if the fishing is better at one rig over the other he will go there. you may be able to talk him into it on a private 56hr but if he doesn't have a good report, or even any report, unless the fishing sucks everywhere else he's probably not going there. Plus its way to early to get an answer to that, you never know what the season will bring

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you don't know Matt by now, he doesn't go to places just because, if the fishing is better at one rig over the other he will go there. you may be able to talk him into it on a private 56hr but if he doesn't have a good report, or even any report, unless the fishing sucks everywhere else he's probably not going there. Plus its way to early to get an answer to that, you never know what the season will bring
I can appreciate Capt Matt will always go where the fish are, but good to know he's favoring deep drop on 2nd day. I dont have the gear for DD, so it would suggest an outside (slim) chance of longer range trip (ex: Lucious).

·
Registered
271 Posts
I can appreciate Capt Matt will always go where the fish are, but good to know he's favoring deep drop on 2nd day. I dont have the gear for DD, so it would suggest an outside (slim) chance of longer range trip (ex: Lucious).
you technically don’t need any special gear. As long as you have a reel that has enough line on it you’re good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
you technically don’t need any special gear. As long as you have a reel that has enough line on it you’re good.
True. I did 550ft on one trip to Bimini with my normal Mango snapper rod and reel with 40lb mono back in the day. We were drifting. Sure was odd not feeling a bite and when you would reel up black snapper and black fin snaps thee was no fight. Fish were blown up. Never done in DD in the gulf other than 300 ft a few weeks ago. I used braid for the first time and a 4 lb pink porgie kicked my butt as there was no give in the line.

·
Registered
306 Posts
schedule looks great only issue i have is my wife just had a 8lb 13oz baby girl so no fishing for me till next year.
Whole year? Must be your first one 😉 congrats.

I don't understand the obsession some people have with lucious...

The key for the deep drop trips is to down size your line as much as possible. 30# or even less if jigging. Have a separate aj set up.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whole year? Must be your first one 😉 congrats.

I don't understand the obsession some people have with lucious...

The key for the deep drop trips is to down size your line as much as possible. 30# or even less if jigging. Have a separate aj set up.
If your going to take jigging tips from anyone I’d take them from matawest. I believe he outfished everyone on the last deep drop trip with light line and a jigging setup.

·
Registered
45 Posts
  • Effective July 25, 2022: Gulf of Mexico Greater Amberjack Recreational Fixed Closed Season Modification. NOAA Fisheries
  • This emergency rule modifies the recreational fishing season to be open only the months of September and October in 2022.
  • The month of August is closed to recreational harvest of greater amberjack

·
Registered
271 Posts
  • Effective July 25, 2022: Gulf of Mexico Greater Amberjack Recreational Fixed Closed Season Modification. NOAA Fisheries
  • This emergency rule modifies the recreational fishing season to be open only the months of September and October in 2022.
  • The month of August is closed to recreational harvest of greater amberjack
where did you see this? I get noaa alerts sent to my phone and there has been nothing sent about this

·
Registered
136 Posts
1 - 20 of 91 Posts