360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
788 Posts
Uh oh, I feel like there is something I am unaware of. Is there an issue with Katie's seafood market? That's my usual shrimp stop before going home.
Buddy's place. Try Galveston Shrimp Company further down Harborside Dr, toward the causeway.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
11/1-2
Snapper fishing was good, we caught a double limit of solid fish, around a 10 lb average or so. It sure is nice being able to kill RS right now. There was also some nice Scamps and a big Gag caught.
Tuna fishing was good. We finally have some big fish showing up in numbers. Halcos and Chunks were the weapons of choice. We had 7 fish close to 100 lbs or better with the biggest going 120ish. Another big girl had a heartbreaking loss at the boat, she was pushing 160-170. Sam had a great stick with the gaff but the fish went nuts and broke the gaff and we weren’t able to get a second stick in her. I saw several more nice fish lost due to tackle failures and pulled hooks.
The amount of fish that have showed up in the past week is pretty exciting and I believe it will be great from here on out.
Our next open trip this coming Monday 11/8 had 11 spots open up.

Trip totals....
27 YFT
280 BFT
152 RS
11 Scamp
2 Dorado
1 Gag
Vertebrate White Blue Cloud Animal product
Vertebrate Food Fish Sky Seafood

·
Registered
22 Posts
I prefer the non glow but yes that will work. I always re rig them as well. I have seen the crimps slip and I don’t like how they float with the hook behind the tail like they come in the box.
Capt Matt, thanks a lot for sharing the info! new question: you said that "I don’t like how they float with the hook behind the tail", then how do you re-rig and rig the hook?

241 - 260 of 286 Posts