New bling for my ride

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Capt. Dom, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Sorry to have been absent of late from the boards, but it has been a hellacious 3 weeks for me. The fishing is still insane, with incredible action on the last 10 trips save for one, and while off at OBMST shaaakin, my ride went in for some needed improvements.

Brian at FastTech Boat T-Tops, Walk-Arounds and More - Fastech Marine Fabricating was able to get my new hardtop with radar mount up and on the boat, a rocket launcher and kite rod holders added, get all my new Garmin 4208 electronics tied in via a NMEA network, and also added a third tier to the bowrail, all in one weeks timeframe!!

The boat is now exactly as I wanted it set up, and will be all the more comfortable to chase these tuners in.

Attached Files:

2. gman

gman Senior Member

Looks sweet man. Anthony is excited about his birthday trip see u next week

3. gman

gman Senior Member

It looks sweet Dom, looks like a great job. Anthony is super excited about his birthday trip. See you next week

4. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

i thoght you got some new bling rims on the trailer

5. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

I actually noticed it on another thread when they posted up a picture of u and ur boat. I took a double take cause I remember being on my knees to have the bar touch my waist. Nice upgrade Dom can't wait to try it out!

6. TBaker

TBaker Senior Member

Looks great, Dom! Bret and I will try to get back up in Sept./Oct. to give it another shot! :)

7. Van Wildonher

Van Wildonher Member

No offense, but man that bow rail is ugly. Hopefully it's function is 100 times better than the style.

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

No offense, but man that bow rail is ugly. Hopefully it's function is 100 times better than the style.

It's badass man. You can get out the very front of the boat and cast off it because the rails keep you on the boat.

9. HWK

HWK Senior Member

Sweet ride !!!!!

10. TBaker

TBaker Senior Member

It's badass man. You can get out the very front of the boat and cast off it because the rails keep you on the boat.

Got that right, Rich. Anybody whose tried to cast off the casting deck of a CC in the seas we get up here can really appreciate what Dom has done with his bow rail. VERY functional and much safer! ;)

11. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

Dom: Good to meet you out there this past Monday. I was with AlbieManMike. Did you guys end up hooking up Monday afternoon?

John

12. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Not cool, man, not cool;) ....sort of like telling someone their wife is ugly, you just dont go there, LOL.

Could care less about the looks, its all about fishability, my man.

I think it looks sick, sort of like a Nose Tackles face mask, ready to get in your FACE.

13. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

No John, we had them all around the boat for 2 hours straight, but couldnt entice a strike. Worst day of the year so far in terms of sightings at the surface. That Bermuda High coupled with 86 degree temps and a full moon made for some horrible conditions.

It was nice meeting you as well, and seeing you guys all over the place that day. 167 miles for us with no love to show at all. Weird how those fish just shut down like that, after the previous 4 days insanity.

14. Anuvat

Anuvat Senior Member

BAD ASS, caught my eye first thing that morning. Now I'll feel much safer up there since I almost went over like 17 times, LOL. See you soon bro.

15. Van Wildonher

Van Wildonher Member

Not cool, man, not cool;) ....sort of like telling someone their wife is ugly, you just dont go there, LOL.

Could care less about the looks, its all about fishability, my man.

I think it looks sick, sort of like a Nose Tackles face mask, ready to get in your FACE.

To each his own. Like I said, no offense. I can see how it is much safer for your clients.

16. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

To each his own. Like I said, no offense. I can see how it is much safer for your clients.

And opinions are like......:cool:

Obviously there was no offense taken, one guys opinion is just that.....and a lousy opinion at that, LOL.:eek:

My thread, my ride, my opinion.:D

You do realize I am completely teasing you, right? You asked for it, and you got it.

17. Van Wildonher

Van Wildonher Member

Yep, know how that goes. Also I'm jealous of all the tuna you guys are catching up there. Damn!

18. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

No John, we had them all around the boat for 2 hours straight, but couldnt entice a strike. Worst day of the year so far in terms of sightings at the surface. That Bermuda High coupled with 86 degree temps and a full moon made for some horrible conditions.

It was nice meeting you as well, and seeing you guys all over the place that day. 167 miles for us with no love to show at all. Weird how those fish just shut down like that, after the previous 4 days insanity.

Dom,
    We logged 154 mi. ourselves on Monday what a hike we did. Saw some fish pretty much all day but none of them seemed to be in an eating mood. We saw a really nice feed with many tuna crashing on the surface near the mouth of the bay later on but they were about 1/2 mi. from us and by the time I got there they had gone down and vanished. John did get a couple of biggun's to chase and nose his sluggo while we were casting to the breezers but even they were few and far between. We will get um' next time.

19. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

Those dusky's are solid boats and your bow rail is great I give it a 10
    I'm sure you have probaly started something up there other boats will follow

20. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

I have seen some nice big rails on the Montauk charter guides boats that do mostly flyfishing charters and they are very purpose built. I frankly like Dom's rail it is very beefy and keeps the sports in the playpen instead of in the drink.

21. pametfisher

pametfisher Senior Member

Dom, I've seen your ride a couple times now since you've had the T-Top added. It's got a great on-the-water look. Nice going. PF