New and looking to meet friends!

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by fishlish, Jan 21, 2009.

1. feeder

feeder Senior Member

If you have any jigging questions, direct them to this guy. Kil is a living legend around these boards.

I got to know a few woman on Noreast.com .
    When they posted for the first time, they generated a lot of interest among members just because they are women.
    They turned out to be excellent fishermen. One becomes a charter boat Capt eventually,one works ae a mate on a party boat and the other was offshore fishermen and she even caught a giant by herself.

2. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

LOL! welcome to 360tuna. theres a lot of testosterone in here, so wear your waders ;)

3. fishlish

fishlish Guest

I completely understand and I appreciate everyones suggestions. I just chose this forum cause it was the first one I went to. Y'all would know better than I, do y'all have a thread that would be more appropriate for me than offshore fishing reports...clearly I have nothing to report:)

As for taking trips...I know that is a good idea, but I don't quite feel comfortable with that yet...partially due to strangers (even though I'm getting to know you boys fast) and partially due to my lack of knowledge. I am a quick learner though so if y'all just let me hang around at least somewhere on this site I'm sure I'll figure some stuff out.

I live in Southeast Texas for those who asked and I'd love to catch something big like tuna one day...but I don't even know if that's possible for a girl. I know this is a passion for some of you so its difficult for me to discuss it.... as someone who is only merely interested.

4. Argo

Argo Senior Member

your best bet is to surf through all of the threads on here. being an internet fisherperson and a true fisherperson means actually going out and doing it. As for catching a large fish, I have a 9 year old that has caught 40 lb amberjack, 25 lb snapper, many blackfin tuna among other fish out there...... Fish with someone on here that posts lots of reports and lives locally, get yourself on a charter with some of the guys out of vinice, LA if you really want to catch some quick yellowfin..... Right now is the perfect time of year for it. A few of us guys take a large group trip around October, it has been to puerto vallarta the past two years but maybe to panama this year(sorry if that was a secret) lol..... I dont fish locally to much anymore since the weather is hard to predict..... I make charters at different places around the country and world........ Another good place for posting other than here, and learning is 2CoolFishing go to the bluewaterboard on there. Expect the same kind of knee jerk reaction to a woman over there and any forum also..... thats just the way it is. The people that are hardcore fishermen mostly post on this site to but there is alot of TX traffic over there........ This is more like a more tight offshore fishing family here as opposed to haveing a family reunion with all the branches over there......

5. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

I live in Southeast Texas for those who asked and I'd love to catch something big like tuna one day...but I don't even know if that's possible for a girl.

Fishlish, note gman's posts regarding fighting stance for big fish and it's very possible regardless of your size and strength. It's more a matter of proper style than what your physical capabilities are:

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f76/fighting-stance-3724/index3.html

6. fishlish

fishlish Guest

Sweet! Ok, Anyone near Southeast TX or Southwest La?

7. txcards

txcards Senior Member

Probably 1/4-1/3 of the people here live in or near the Houston area. There are a lot of us

8. barbwire

barbwire Senior Member

Get out there and go fishing! Experiance can sometimes be the best teacher. You can catch any fish you want with enough time and determination.

9. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

Atl here, hang in there one one thing you'll learn about fishermen we are obsesed w/2 things LOL..

10. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Fishlish, I want to apologize for my earlier posts. And also I weigh at least 117.
    My wife told me I was being a jerk! My bad, sometimes I jump to conclusions, really you're best way to get into this sport is to jump on a PartyBoat with some of these guys, they will pay extra attention to help bring you up to speed.
    They will share they're tackle, rods, beer...once you go and get into the fish, you will be hooked for life.

11. fishlish

fishlish Guest

CrazyJigr...i know, that's all men! Lol.

BFTMaster...I appreciate it, and your wife is awesome:)

12. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

if they dont share their tackle....find the ones who drink the most beer. they'll fall asleep and you can use their tackle anyway ;)

13. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Seems I just learned something, thanks Bret.

if they dont share their tackle....find the ones who drink the most beer. they'll fall asleep and you can use their tackle anyway ;)

14. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Amazing, every over night trip I have ever been on (17 total) there is always some guys that sleep through the night. You hardly ever see them fish, expensive boat ride, maybe it is really good sleep? I can't sleep on the boat til
    it's time to head back to port, does'nt matter how long either.

15. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Fishlish,

If you fish with us on January 30, 52 hrs trip, i will loan you fishing gear plus lure.

16. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Fishlish,

If you fish with us on January 30, 52 hrs trip, i will loan you fishing gear plus lure.

Damn TJ, that's one hell of an offer! Will you be extending that offer to poor sobs like myself in the near future? :p Fishlish, I'd be all over that if I were you! (if you can make the trip that is) lol

17. workin

workin Member

Hey,

Well, there's one mystery solved - how my leaders got tied on with knots I can't tie.

F

18. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

hahahaha. I saw it more up north than I have down here, probably because they allowed more heavy drinking on certain boats i'd go on....but there would always be a few guys who would drink WAY too much on the way out. Everyone would be happy, partying, yelling, etc....until about midnight. then they'd pass out and wake up again on the way back in.

19. ToneyC

ToneyC Senior Member

I would recommend surf and inshore fishing first. Lots of people in the Houston area fish in or near Galveston for bull reds and big uglies. You have a good chance of catching some decent size fish. It's a lot of fun and it's much more economical than offshore fishing.

Fishing inshore will give you an opprotunity to better hone your angling skills. At least this way you can ensure that you like fishing enough before you make the trip offshore.

20. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Back by popular demand...and 115 wise guy:)

Contact Jason (Jt2hunt) and his wife Amy this board if your not comfortable with pack of salivating dogs.