New and looking to meet friends!

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by fishlish, Jan 21, 2009.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Best way to learn fishing is to jump on a boat. The aformentioned trip on the Scat Cat would be a great palce to start. It's always easier for someone just getting into offshore fishing to start on a larger platform. It nice to have the AC and beds.
    Fishing is a lifetime pastime for me. I have been wetting lines since I was in diapers and can't think of anything that would make me stop!

2. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

never caught a gar though...

have you ever heard of a saltwater gar before Bret? I've been talking to some people who fish off St. Kitts and they say Gar is great to eat and it's not a Barracuda or a Needlefish. But the only Gar species I know about are freshwater dwelling....

Welcome to 360 btw

3. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

ive seen gar in saltwater down here. big ones too. not offshore but defiantly salt water

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i thought that gator gar were brackish so maybe thats what they're talking about????

5. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

ive caught big gars off the piers in north carolina..like 30lbs

Lauren welcome to the site. Did you say youwere fromtexas?

6. d-a

d-a Senior Member

What kind of phishing do you do?

d-a

7. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

what site is this again?

8. fishlish

fishlish Guest

Ok I have received numerous pm's about whether I am "for real" or if I"m just playing. I really wasn't expecting this response. Apparently a girl in these parts is very strange. I even sent a couple of you pms and noone responded. Apparently, an interest in offshore fishing isn't enough around here. So I think I'm gonna try and find a more amature place to learn. Thanks to those of you who were friendly. Fishlish out!

9. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

Ok I have received numerous pm's about whether I am "for real" or if I"m just playing. I really wasn't expecting this response. Apparently a girl in these parts is very strange. I even sent a couple of you pms and noone responded. Apparently, an interest in offshore fishing isn't enough around here. So I think I'm gonna try and find a more amature place to learn. Thanks to those of you who were friendly. Fishlish out!

we would hate to see you leave, I don't know what
    were in those pm's but maybe a few folks here were
    taken for a sucker before and were a little skittish.
    If you have a chance, attend Bret's get together when
    he throws one, his group of friends are top notch.
    What coast are you from? If you're from Texas we can
    hook you up

10. wellcraft26

wellcraft26 Senior Member

too bad & so sad.:( ...some things are too good to be true. kinda like the VW bus full of cheerleaders in Penthouse forum...:rolleyes:

11. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

That was a short phishing trip.

12. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

I was hoping someone from 360 tuna would have taken this girl fishing. Bret was speechless in his first reply. Too bad, but she was probably 350#
    record.

13. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Better than "stephanie"..........or was it Valerie?
    y'all killed it too soon, it could have been fun:D

14. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Brings new meaning to 360 tuna. Sorry that is bad!!!

15. barbwire

barbwire Senior Member

Brings new meaning to 360 tuna. Sorry that is bad!!!
    OMG I just spewed coffee on my keyboard. That's too funny!:D

16. fishlish

fishlish Guest

Back by popular demand...and 115 wise guy:)

17. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Back by popular demand...and 115 wise guy:)

Hmm, a woman that will actually tell her weight? Something's not right here. :D

Anyway, welcome to 360.

18. Argo

Argo Senior Member

where are you going to be fishing out of? I also agree with what was said before. The best way to learn to fish is to meet some of the people for an offshore trip, either on a private small boat or on a large charter.... Make sure it is a private charter with people from one of these boards.... There are alot of very knowlegable people that take these trips. I prefer private trips with only 3-4 people on it..... being that you are a younger female it may be hard if you arent comfortable with new people since most offshore people are guys....... find a friend that wants to go with you and fish.... If anyone on here wants to take you fishing or offers you a ride on their boat feel free to PM me to see if they are alright or not..... I have met and fished with a number of people on this board and a few others and will be glad to give you a heads up..... not that you know me or anything so that might not help... lol you can also meet up with people at a bass pro shops or local gathering to be more comfy with them......

19. Argo

Argo Senior Member

also, regarding the response of being real or not, there are alot of people that come in these forums pretending to be something they are not and there are VERY few women that come into the offshore fishing forums.....

20. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I got to know a few woman on Noreast.com .
    When they posted for the first time, they generated a lot of interest among members just because they are women.
    They turned out to be excellent fishermen. One becomes a charter boat Capt eventually,one works as a mate on a party boat while attending college and the other was offshore fisherman and she even caught a giant by herself.