Need Pics Please

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by bigscrnman, Jun 17, 2009.

1. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

I just found out today that I am going to be sidelined for anywhere from 6weeks to 6 months by a blown knee. Therefore I am going to have to live my fishing life through the folks on the forum and will be counting on your adventures to get my fix! My Doc asked me about any sports or extreme activities that I have been doing in the last few months (as the injury just recently manifested) and gave me a funny look when I told him that the ONLY really dangerous activites that I participate in are A) taking care of my wife:D and B) offshore fishing! He expressed some confusion about the fishing as he has met my wife!:D He just could not fathom the nature of doing battle with big fish with bad attitudes; him being a "bass fisherman" and all:rolleyes: ! I proceeded to explain to him the draw of getting the [email protected]#$ beat out of you by critters such as tuna, aj, grouper et al while attempting to remain on ones feet in heavy seas! He still did not quite get it so I offered to take him fishing once I recover!!!!!

Tight lines all and keep the pictures and reports coming

Dewayne

2. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

sorry to hear about your knee.. i have been had some health problems( bone tumor removed... bad back.. and a nasty fall down a boat hatch) no of them are fun.. hope your back soon

i will post pic if i get some

oh btw fluke fishing in rhode island started today and it was a good day lots of action and fluke to 9lbs

3. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Much appreciated! I will know a lot more after the MRI but I am certain of at least a lateral meniscus tear, probable ACL damage. I will definitely be getting the custom brace made this time around. Just not worth taking a chance on future trips....It's just that for the price of the brace I could get another Stella:rolleyes: I am hoping for a quick (6 week) recovery, have promised my wife I will behave and do the rehab;) will just have to see how it goes.

4. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Much appreciated! I will know a lot more after the MRI but I am certain of at least a lateral meniscus tear, probable ACL damage. I will definitely be getting the custom brace made this time around. Just not worth taking a chance on future trips....It's just that for the price of the brace I could get another Stella:rolleyes: I am hoping for a quick (6 week) recovery, have promised my wife I will behave and do the rehab;) will just have to see how it goes.
    i have had an acl reconstruction and femoral condyle replacement on my left knee and 2 minor scopes on my right.
    Not fun to mess up your modes of getting around. If your doc is cool he shouldn't have a problem with writing a letter of medical necesity for a brace. That way your medical insurance should cover at least most of the brace. I highly suggest having a cti2 brace built for you as they are custom and waterproof. I used mine for all athletics for about two years after surgery and then quit once my knee had fully recovered and muscle mass was back to normal...
    Btw keep a log of what your PT does each time that you visit. I have had two different ones bill my insurance company for many extras that weren't preformed...

5. ToneyC

ToneyC Senior Member

Get better Dewayne!

6. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

dewayne, take some motrin and drink some water! lol. see ya in a week or so!