need offshore fishermen

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by captianmitch41, Feb 6, 2008.

1. captianmitch41

captianmitch41 Member

i recently purchased a extreme offshore fishing machine. i 'm looking for hard core fishermen to share the cost of fuel and have some fun . The boat is a 31 fountain sportfish raymarine-c-120, with 2 fishfinders, 2vhs radios, 24 mi. radar, livewells,outriggers, twin 250's,2000 models.boat is safe and dependable.my business has been very slow and i don't want to miss tuna and wahoo season! Call me anytime.
    -Mitch
    (512)-299-7282

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Mitch, what port do you normally fish out of??? you shouldnt have any problems filling up the boat...

3. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Mitch, what port do you normally fish out of??? you shouldnt have any problems filling up the boat...

Bret ..... Capt. Mitch posted on the TFF board a while back that he lives in Austin and would be fishing out of Port A./Packery area if I recall correctly.:cool:

B

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

thanks for the info.....not too far from me so that'd work!

(and yes I know you meant the other Bret)

5. Junkman

Junkman Junior member

Mitch:

Put me on your list, when you have a trip ready. Assume you will be leaving from Port A? Let me know what my share of costs are!

Tedd

6. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

thanks for the pics MM....whenre you headed out next?

7. fonz

fonz Member

I dont think those are AJ's, might be horse eye jacks or jack crevale???

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

That looks like a Almaco to me. They are very simialr to Greater AJ's. The Almoco Jack max out about three feet. I've seen them as heavy as 45 pounds.

The Big Eye or Horse eye has real red meat like the Jack Crevalle. Taste like crap. It takes a real man to eat one of those. Even alleycats make a face when eating them. Looking at the color of the meat on your filleting table, I would have to call it a Almoco.

The Big Eye's head is not a blunt as a Crevalle. It also doesn't have the yellow color like the Crevalle's. One of the best way to distinguish between the greater AJ and the almaco is to count the gill rakers. Greater Aj's have about a dozen. Lesser AJ's and Almaco's have about two dozen.

If these are the ones you caught at Falcon that night I saw you, they are Almoco's. We caught a couple.

9. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

those are crevalle jacks

this is an amberjack

10. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

look at the shape of the fin on them, they look like a smaller version of a GT

the tail shape and the fins as well as the deep body mean they are a crevalle jack

11. day0ne

day0ne Senior Member

Looks like an Almaco Jack to me, not a Crevalle Jack. Head isn't blunt enough, and the color is wrong.

12. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

yes head and color are different but i think its not and amber or almaco...

13. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

I dont think those are AJ's, might be horse eye jacks or jack crevale???

Good eye Fonz, it does looks like JC or horse eye jack.

Great catch guys. I am jeolouse of you guys.

14. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Mad Marlin,

You can answer this with one question.

If you ate it, did it taste like something you would find floating in a toilet?

15. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

Mad Marlin,

You can answer this with one question.

If you ate it, did it taste like something you would find floating in a toilet?

thats funny:D

not an aj or jack crevalle

16. fonz

fonz Member

Dude, MrBill you cracked me up!!!!!
    on those two last posts......
    I needed a GOOD LAUGH!!!!!!!!

17. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

those looks liek big horse eye jacks..

18. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

This reminds me of an incident that happened to me some time ago . The Port A Fire Dept. and EMS were doing a fundraiser to buy another ambulance. If memory serves me right, they needed fish to feed about 400 anglers for the outboard tournament. The weather had been very poor for previous two weeks and they were short on fish donations.

Two days before the tournament, I went out with a buddy with the intent of getting fish for the firemen and their cause. There were no limits on kingfish at the time. Me and a buddy started hitting the close in shrimp boats. It was like taking candy from a baby. We returned to the dock with at least fifty kingfish for the fish fry.:)

We were cleaning the fish at the public fish house near the ferry landing when four real jerks walk up. They hadn't caught anything for days and were *****ing about how sorry the fishing is on the coast.:mad: They were bass fisherman from east Texas. They kept begging for some fish to take home. I told them they were for a good cause. They kept pissing me off with their begging.:mad:

I finally told them I would give them some prime meat if they just left us alone for about thirty minutes. At that point we started bagging the the lateral lines or blood trimmings from all the kingfish especially for the beggers. :eek:

All said and done, I think we had about 10 pounds of that good old blood red cat food meat in a couple of bags for the beggers. I called them over and they had a change of attitude. They were actually nice. I told them this stuff I'm giving you is the prime part of the fish. They thanked me and got in the ferry line to head back to East Texas.

I bet after eating that crap, they never returned to the coast. That blood infested lateral line meat is the worst of the worst. I've given it to Spring breakers that were out of money and starving on the beach. They always thank you. I've always been smart enough to leave before they cook it. :D

19. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I bet after eating that crap, they never returned to the coast. That blood infested lateral line meat is the worst of the worst. I've given it to Spring breakers that were out of money and starving on the beach. They always thank you. I've always been smart enough to leave before they cook it. :D

That's too dann funny!!!:) GS, you remind me of some old man I met one day 14 years ago at the Port A dock. Me and a buddy had just come back from fishing offshore. We had a couple nice ling and our first Jack Crevalle. Unfortunately, we didn't know what the Jack Crevalle was. We noticed how red the meet was as we fileted the Jack, so we asked the old guy what type of fish it was and if it was any good to eat He said it tastes great :confused: , just soak it in a little lemon juice and bake it. My asian friend (who eats anything in the ocean) said he cooked it and that it tasted like crp!!!! :D My buddy eats anything from the sea, but not jack crevalle. I will never forget that day. It was probably your dad.