360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Accurate bx-500 for my husbands birthday from a well know east coast tackle site. The reel comes today and the box is beat up and the reel is just flopping around in the box not secured in any way like you would expect for $600 reel and there is no reel bag like the Accurate site seems to imply is included. Before I call the store and make a dope of myself is this the way they pack them?

·
2,835 Posts
Accurate isn't know for their packaging or instruction manuals. You will eventually get the Accurate reel bag. I just got three in the mail this past week. However, your husband will love the BX2-500. It's in my opinion, one the best smaller size reels on the market. He will be very happy. Just wrap it up. He won't care about the box or bag.

PS: I never let my wife buy me any fishing equipment because she thinks all my accurate reels are $29.95 each.:) She thinks I believe that all her purses and shoes are $29.95 each. Maybe lying to each other about our toys is why we get along so well.:D

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS: I never let my wife buy me any fishing equipment because she thinks all my accurate reels are $29.95 each.:) She thinks I believe that all her purses and shoes are $29.95 each. Maybe lying to each other about our toys is why we get along so well.:D[/QUOTE]

Bill if your wife let you fill the garage with fishing and hunting stuff it still would not cost as much as she can spend filling her closet!! Thanks for the reply on my post, I called Accurate and they said I have everything but they would send a new box, a bag and oil so I feel better but still diappointed with the way they pack.

·
973 Posts
Add an OTI 400gr rod to the reel - it will be perfect birthday gift
$29.95 for the reel & $29.95 for the rod - prices according to Mr Bill

·
2,835 Posts
Bill, if your wife let you fill the garage with fishing and hunting stuff it still would not cost as much as she can spend filling her closet!!

Well, I'm not sure how to answer that statement.:rolleyes:

Her closet is a walk in one. Probably 8' x 20'. Actually, it's "Our" closet. I only get two feet of hanging room and part of the floor for my clothes.:eek:

I'm not going to tell you how much square footage I require for my fishing and hunting gear.:) I will however, say that even though I know what I have, I usually can't find it and order more.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts