360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Need help building a BFT popping rod!!!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Capt Richie 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Just got a 7' Calstar 700XH blank and am looking for any advice as to grips, reel seat, and guides. I've got a local guy who does great work and I'm sure he knows what's up, but any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!

Thinking about a heavy duty Fuji reel seat, and the Fuji SiC guides, other than that a nice long front grip and ill bring my belt in to test out reel seat placement. Thanks in advance guys!!

murph

#6 ·
Hey guys,
Just got a 7' Calstar 700XH blank and am looking for any advice as to grips, reel seat, and guides. I've got a local guy who does great work and I'm sure he knows what's up, but any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!

Thinking about a heavy duty Fuji reel seat, and the Fuji SiC guides, other than that a nice long front grip and ill bring my belt in to test out reel seat placement. Thanks in advance guys!!

murph

You got a local guy that does great work...I think you made a great choice using someone local.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.