Need help building a BFT popping rod!!!

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by dingoatemebaby, Sep 2, 2009.

1. dingoatemebaby

dingoatemebaby Senior Member

Hey guys,
    Just got a 7' Calstar 700XH blank and am looking for any advice as to grips, reel seat, and guides. I've got a local guy who does great work and I'm sure he knows what's up, but any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!

Thinking about a heavy duty Fuji reel seat, and the Fuji SiC guides, other than that a nice long front grip and ill bring my belt in to test out reel seat placement. Thanks in advance guys!!

murph

2. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

great blank choice.
    the reelseat and guides sound good.
    the PB channel lock are another good seat choice.

you can size your grip/ reelseat placemant when you setup.
    good luck

3. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

I think an XH is overkill for popping

4. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

I think an XH is overkill for popping
    yeah,maybe.. but if he already has it....its a good choice:D .
    and you can put some serious heat on with that blank

5. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

I have 1 it casts good and has a lot of power it's just a little heavy but it's tough as hell.

6. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

Hey guys,
    Just got a 7' Calstar 700XH blank and am looking for any advice as to grips, reel seat, and guides. I've got a local guy who does great work and I'm sure he knows what's up, but any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!

Thinking about a heavy duty Fuji reel seat, and the Fuji SiC guides, other than that a nice long front grip and ill bring my belt in to test out reel seat placement. Thanks in advance guys!!

murph

You got a local guy that does great work...I think you made a great choice using someone local.......