360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Twinspin 30L. I have 350 yds of 80lb braid on it.

I am considering two rods currently, based on my experience with my prior Zenaq rods. I am sure there are other good rods out there so if anyone has other recommendations let me know. But my basic question is which of these two rods would you pick for this reel?

Fokeeto FS58-18 Bull
or
Fokeeto FS53-20

here is the link to what I am talking about
Angler's Pro Shop

Thanks

·
1,553 Posts
i'd go with a 16 or the 20. unless your hooking up to all giants. the 16 will have plenty of power and be alittle more fun with smaller fish. the bull model seems light duty according to the website .FS58-6 BULL
5'8" 1pc, 172 cm, 270 lure max, 120-230 best lure weight, PE3-4 47,000 yen. if it were me the 16 fo sho! those are some nice looking rods.

·
1,553 Posts
if i had to choose between any rod for the twinspin 30. definitely the carpenter oh56mh. 100bucks cheaper than the zenaq and is in stock now, a hard to get rod.

G

·
are those the only two you're considering? are you sold on the zenaq brand or are you willing to look at other brands?

·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are those the only two you're considering? are you sold on the zenaq brand or are you willing to look at other brands?

No I am not settled, I just have experience with it. I currently have a zenaq 12 with a stella 10k 2008 model and I love the setup it has worked well. So I just thought to get another zenaq. The bull I am talking about is the new 18 not the 6. It is not on their site yet. Per APS it is between a 16 and a 20 but a bit longer of a rod.

I had not looked a carpenter rod yet. How are those rods? like I said I am open to suggestions. I have a stella 20k 2008 model that needs a rod also:eek:

·
4,723 Posts
Have you considered a Jigging Master 350g or 400g for that Stella 20k SW? Kil Song sells them on here, he should be getting a shipment in Jan 09. You can search around on here for pictures of the Jigging Master 350g in action. Those OTI 600g rods are pretty sweet too, definitely research them, I have the 300g conventional jigging rod and love it. Shimano Blue Rose S4815F and Smith AMJ-S52EX are also great options as well, check out what others have to say about them:

Jigging and Popping Forum

·
5,457 Posts
No I am not settled, I just have experience with it. I currently have a zenaq 12 with a stella 10k 2008 model and I love the setup it has worked well. So I just thought to get another zenaq. The bull I am talking about is the new 18 not the 6. It is not on their site yet. Per APS it is between a 16 and a 20 but a bit longer of a rod.

I had not looked a carpenter rod yet. How are those rods? like I said I am open to suggestions. I have a stella 20k 2008 model that needs a rod also:eek:

I would look into the new Oti rods, plenty of backbone, light weight quality rod with a real warranty.

I have used the New 600g and new 400g proto-type rods, Both are great rods and I have caught 100 lb Aj's on 600g rod with 30lb of drag and 40+ Aj's with 22 lbs of drag on the 400g rod.

To me the New 400g rod is going to be the hottest selling jigging rod in the OTI line up. I feel the 600g rod is too much for normal bottom fishing unless you are targeting 80+ lb fish, then its perfect.

d-a

·
5,457 Posts
i want a 400g oti bad!! are the colors going to be black/gold like the old ones or black /silver like the tuna sniper?

I am not 100% certain but i think there going to black and silver, Blanks should be available too.

d-a

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
It is funny I was asked the same question by a fisherman who own Twinspin 16,20 and 30. It depends on what fish you target and what sizes of fish you target as every rod has different purposes and applications.

·
973 Posts
APS has Holiday Crazy Sale on rod
Maybe a Zenaq Monster Buster for SR50?
We are offering jigging and popping rods sale 15% - 30% off regular price, while stocks last.

Fisherman Aluminum Rod Case - 50% Off
Shimano Ocea Blue Rose Series - 25% Off
Carpenter Coral Viper 79/35 - 15% Off
Carpenter OMA 92 Tuna Casting Rod - 30% Off
Carpenter The Blue Lagoon Series - 15% Off
Carpenter OH56MH - 20% Off
Carpenter Long Reef 88 - 15% Off
Carpenter LGM Super Popping 80M - 15% Off (Last Piece)
Souls Performance Studio 16 - 30% Off
Tenryu Spike Tuna - 15% Off (Last Piece)
Zenaq Fokeeto Monster Buster - 25% Off

We hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Angler's Pro Shop

·
16 Posts
APS has Holiday Crazy Sale on rod
Maybe a Zenaq Monster Buster for SR50?
We are offering jigging and popping rods sale 15% - 30% off regular price, while stocks last.

Fisherman Aluminum Rod Case - 50% Off
Shimano Ocea Blue Rose Series - 25% Off
Carpenter Coral Viper 79/35 - 15% Off
Carpenter OMA 92 Tuna Casting Rod - 30% Off
Carpenter The Blue Lagoon Series - 15% Off
Carpenter OH56MH - 20% Off
Carpenter Long Reef 88 - 15% Off
Carpenter LGM Super Popping 80M - 15% Off (Last Piece)
Souls Performance Studio 16 - 30% Off
Tenryu Spike Tuna - 15% Off (Last Piece)
Zenaq Fokeeto Monster Buster - 25% Off

We hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Angler's Pro Shop
Hi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts