Need a rod building jig..

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by VaRandy, Sep 29, 2008.

  1. VaRandy

    VaRandy Site Sponsor

    also motorized unit for drying after covering threads.
    Prefer the pricing attached to a used unit.

    Waht have you?

  2. Cudakilla

    Cudakilla Senior Member

    I use Flexcoat stuff. There are many other brands but I found theirs to be very sensible. I guess the fact that they have been perfecting these for 30 plus years accounts for the fact that everything is at the right height, tensioning devices act almost like a 3rd hand, the epoxy applying and drying motors are the right speed. Heavy and a bit costly but the ergonomics can't be beat. The foot operated wrapping motors is a hoot. I can do underwraps like a demon with it. :) Call Roger at Flexcoat..he'll take care of you. Just tell him Roland sent you.

    FLEX COAT - Professional Rod Building Supplies

    I use the DL747 for wrapping and the 4X-6 for drying. May be a bit much for most folks but I can crank out rods pretty quick with them.
  3. jureal

    jureal Senior Member