360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get into conventional jigging and was wondering what options I have. I want to spend about $200-250. I was thinking about getting a saltist 40 but it still sounds like the anti-reverse will probably fail since I use at least 20lbs of drag, usually around 24lbs. Most other reels in about the $300 range seem to be high speed, and I don't really want that. Any recommendations on a cheaper jigging reel that won't have the anti-reverse crap out and is lower speed?

·
Site Sponsor
751 Posts
I've got a Accurate Boss 665H (single speed) that's loaded with 330m of 80lb Diawa Boat Braid that I'll take $300 for. Only caught a couple of Blackfin and a couple of AJ's. Can send you some cell phone pics if interested.

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a Accurate Boss 665H (single speed) that's loaded with 330m of 80lb Diawa Boat Braid that I'll take $300 for. Only caught a couple of Blackfin and a couple of AJ's. Can send you some cell phone pics if interested.

Thanks, but I just got ordered a new reel. I appreciate the offer though.

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the info about the clearance, ordered an accurate 665nc yesterday night. Can't believe the price, never thought I'd be able to afford one. :D Now all I have to do is figure out a rod to get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts