Need a conv jigging reel

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by FishingAddict, Nov 16, 2009.

1. FishingAddict

FishingAddict Member

I'm wanting to get into conventional jigging and was wondering what options I have. I want to spend about $200-250. I was thinking about getting a saltist 40 but it still sounds like the anti-reverse will probably fail since I use at least 20lbs of drag, usually around 24lbs. Most other reels in about the $300 range seem to be high speed, and I don't really want that. Any recommendations on a cheaper jigging reel that won't have the anti-reverse crap out and is lower speed?

2. copperhead

copperhead Site Sponsor

I've got a Accurate Boss 665H (single speed) that's loaded with 330m of 80lb Diawa Boat Braid that I'll take $300 for. Only caught a couple of Blackfin and a couple of AJ's. Can send you some cell phone pics if interested.

3. TS18997

TS18997 Senior Member

4. FishingAddict

FishingAddict Member

I've got a Accurate Boss 665H (single speed) that's loaded with 330m of 80lb Diawa Boat Braid that I'll take $300 for. Only caught a couple of Blackfin and a couple of AJ's. Can send you some cell phone pics if interested.

Thanks, but I just got ordered a new reel. I appreciate the offer though.

5. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

what kind of reel did you go with?

6. Brokejeep

Brokejeep Senior Member

Check out CharkBait they have Accurates on clearance.

7. FishingAddict

FishingAddict Member

Thanks everyone for the info about the clearance, ordered an accurate 665nc yesterday night. Can't believe the price, never thought I'd be able to afford one. :D Now all I have to do is figure out a rod to get.

8. TS18997

TS18997 Senior Member

That's easy, OTI G3 400g. Lighter than a popcorn fart. :D