NE1 Looking for Slip Space in Ingleside On the Bay?

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by shanker, Feb 19, 2008.

1. shanker

shanker Senior Member

My friend just bought a house that the Back Yard Bulkhead/Boat Barn faces the Marina in Ingleside on the Bay and is looking to let people use the slips, I am guessing that they are around 45ft long with 20ft or so celings, both have lifts in them also.

The Lifts have not been used for a very long time and I am working with him on what it would take to get them functional again (looks like they need to be greased up and possibly new electric motors). He is looking into providing the slip for free for so many months if the boat owner were to repair the lifts based on the cost of repair.

send me a PM for details

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Is that the house that had the boat under h20 for a long time?? right across from where the fuel dock was??

3. shanker

shanker Senior Member

Is that the house that had the boat under h20 for a long time?? right across from where the fuel dock was??

yes....that boat was sunk because the person that owned the boat would go thru the marina too fast and people that had boats there kept pulling the plugs on the boat allowing it to sink :)

The slips are only about 3 ft deep at the moment, but Dr. Edwardson is bringing his big boat over and said that he can chain his boat down, throw it in reverse, and push most of the silt out...

The sunk boat is also gone now.

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Thats funny.. sometimes I would see it afloat and others it was sunk.. what a dumb a.... Whats he getting for a slip? I love that area.. for years it was a hidden little piece of paradise.. I used to fish that flat right across from there and kill the trout...

5. shanker

shanker Senior Member

He just bought the house last week, Are you interested in a slip? I am still trying to find out what the cost should be, but it would be nice to hook someone I know up with a cheap slip to be able to go fishing with them.. :) (shared expenses of course)