360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a reel slightly larger than my Ocea 1500, but smaller than my Trini 16. In the running are the Accurate Valiant / Tern 400, Daiwa Saltiga LD20 / SD20, maybe a Trinidad 14, or a Talica 8ii. Any reason why any of these won't work? It'll be pared with a Levitate H, and used to fish jigs in the 300-400g range.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How come you don’t have Ocea 2000 in the running? Just a bit bigger and can also handle deep drop, heavy jigs and big fish. I will be fishing again in 500 to 1000’ for Tilefish later this month using up to 800gr. It can pair with any slow pitch rod from the lightest to heaviest. I have PE1.5 on one and PE2 on the other.

Good luck finding a reel that works for you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like the Ocea 2000. I probably should’ve added that the reason I’m not considering it is because it is the exact same size as my Trini 16, which I find a little difficult to palm. So I was looking for something slightly smaller, simply for comfort.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Get the new valiant spj reel from accurate more drag that the Shimano but the jigger is smother than the valiant

·
Just a guy who likes to fish
3,038 Posts
I use maxel transformers (same as jigging master internals). I would also seriously consider the Siegler LGN. I like the feel of it better than the accurates and you'll get up to 40 lbs of drag if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts