360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a mail of Bill Hurley plastic baits (sluggo) from Kevin to try them. Thanks Kevin.

The 9" sluggo looks good. But I had to find some lead head for the sluggo. When I looked around my shop, I found Shimano's Lucanus jigs with various sizes. Here is what I did.

·
1,321 Posts
Looks good. I order some as well, but I plan of fishing them on a strike pro (I think) 3oz lead head. I thought these Hurley baits were good price ($4.99/4). I got the lead heads at Acadamy clearance $1.88/4. So looks like a decent bait for total cost of under $2/each.

Kil, do you know where we can find solid rings that are not flat edged (like the Owners)? I don't want to make my own.

·
SPONSOR
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. I order some as well, but I plan of fishing them on a strike pro (I think) 3oz lead head. I thought these Hurley baits were good price ($4.99/4). I got the lead heads at Acadamy clearance $1.88/4. So looks like a decent bait for total cost of under $2/each.

Kil, do you know where we can find solid rings that are not flat edged (like the Owners)? I don't want to make my own.
Some rich bluefin go after expensive lures, but most blueifn don't care about prices. :)

Did you check Anglers Proshop?
I don't have round solid rings in stock, but I'lll get them soon.

·
373 Posts
My bet is that Kil didn't have to pay much if anything at all for those Lucanus Jigs but I would love to hear he paid through the nose like the rest of us. I bought 5 of them in various sizes about a month ago for sea bassin' on Fleabay and have only used them once to great disappointment so maybe I will have to press a couple into tuna duty. Thanks for the idea Kil and I hope you try them tomorrow.

G

·
its just another way to try a proven lure, is that bad? a bullet headed lead head would be a nice way as well. i want to try them here (texas) for tuna as I think they'll work.

·
178 Posts
you just raised the price of that sluggo by 15$ lol

I was thinking the same thing!

Great idea Kil. Now its time to test out the new creation.

·
1,321 Posts
Bret, the hurleys are about the best deal I have found on this type lure (cheaper than slug gos and Hogies). I just ordered the 4 pack replacement bodies.

Kil, APS has only mediums, and it says they are 14mm. I was hoping to find something a little smaller.

·
381 Posts
I just got a mail of Bill Hurley plastic baits (sluggo) from Kevin to try them. Thanks Kevin.

The 9" sluggo looks good. But I had to find some lead head for the sluggo. When I looked around my shop, I found Shimano's Lucanus jigs with various sizes. Here is what I did.

[/QUOtTE]
interesting will look into it

·
Banned
476 Posts
Wow...what a revival back in 09

·
Banned
476 Posts
Yes ...i believe they call those"shimano lucanus" if I remember correctly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts