My New TOY!!!

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by PiePuncher, Feb 20, 2007.

1. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

Thats the purtiest toy ive seen in a while. Is that a seaflight?

2. Pope

Pope Senior Member

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Dang Keith.. thats a sweet rig.. post up some bigger pics..

4. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Congrats. What are the specs? It looks to be in the 22' foot range.

5. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

It is a Triton Sea Flight. They quit making them in 2004 and switched over to a drop in liner design. I love the layout of the boat, its a str8 up fishing boat with lots of walk around room.
    I dont know what happened with the pics but they did come out small for some odd reason. I will take some more tomorrow and post. I
    have taken her out a few times now and have been very pleased with the ride. Took her out in Florida during the cold front there last weekend and she handled the big waves and wind with ease. Jared and I also took her out yesterday to burn a little gas.
    The only mods I will be making is to cut the bow rail to install a trolling motor. I will just be removing the center piece of the rail. The trolling motor will have a quick release and will deff. have a LONG shaft. I will be sad cutting through the rail but I need a trolling motor for most of the fishing that I do. Engine mounted trolling motor and transom will not cut it.

6. Pope

Pope Senior Member

How many lbs of thrust will the trolling motor have? What is the weight of your rig? Degrees deadrise? Do tell...

7. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

She is 20ft long DEEP V offshore boat and has a decent draft for my shallow water fishing. she weighs 2450 dry and has an 8ft beam. The fuel capacity is 86 gallons. Not sure on all the other specs but she is a dry ride even in the semi rough. Everyone that has seen the boat in person thinks it looks like a 22 but it isnt.
    The boat came loaded with everything minus my trolling motor but that will be taken care of. It has washdown, GPS, Depthfinder,VHF radio, Lights on T-top, lights that light up the deck, on board charger, 2 livewells, 2 fish boxes, t-top, T-bags, extra bilges and pumps and all kinds of other junk. Just wish I could have bought it somewhere closer to home. I drove to Florida to pick it up. All the ones in the state were close to 30k and had high hours(I did find a few that were not rigged as well for around 22k-24) This one only has 61.2 hours on her as of now. I will get the hours up there quick over the next few weeks.

Keith

8. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Trolling motor will either have 82lbs of thrust or 101. Depends on the price difference when I go to look at them tomorrow. Looks like I will also be adding another battery to the setup.

The boat also came 8 perko stainless rod holders and has 20 all together.

9. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Nice.. so which motor you got on the back?

10. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

keith i wish i knew you were going to florida last weekend as i could have helped you drive over and back. where in florida did you purchase the new toy. glad you got a boat big enough for the wife and your son. he should be fishing by next year...lol

11. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

12. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

get the 101- the 80# Minn Kotas(if thats your brand) arent like they used to be. theres a topic about it on the TFF. I have one of the 80# MK Max Pro and you have to be at 50% before it will move...... in wind I dont think you will be pleased with an 80# Minn Kota.

13. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Say good bye to the front of the bow rail. The center piece is fixing to be cut off... :)

Here's a few more pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

get the 101- the 80# Minn Kotas(if thats your brand) arent like they used to be. theres a topic about it on the TFF. I have one of the 80# MK Max Pro and you have to be at 50% before it will move...... in wind I dont think you will be pleased with an 80# Minn Kota.

Do you think the Motor guide would be better to get? Seems they are rated at more lbs of thrust? I dont care which I get, just want it to work.

Thanks

15. SkeeterRonnie

every motorguide i have ever owned has turned out to be the biggest waste of time and money. last one I got so frustrated I slammed the foot pedal with my foot and broke both cables and a lot of electrical stuff under it.... i went back to minnkota (last summer) and have been pleased. The minnkota will work fine, just gonna take a little while getting used too with the different settings... think its part of the "maximizer" feature. I do find my batteries last twice as long..... for the size boat, and how high the sides are I wouldnt go less than the 101# thrust. ~nothing worse than fighting the wind on a trolling motor set at 100% - and losing.

16. SkeeterRonnie

also- the Battery Center in Arlington is where I get my batteries. Set our company up with them ,and get some lowdown knockout prices.

17. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Skeeter, is it possible to get a shaft extension made for a trolling motor if the shaft ends up being too short? I found a good deal on a 109 thrust but the shaft will be too short. When I say good deal, I am talking 400 off on a brand spanking new one!!! If not, I will just fork out the cash and get the long shaft.

Keith

18. SkeeterRonnie

i am sure someone could do that.... call Boris Marine in Lake Worth,TX- talk to donald(owner).

19. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Skeeter. Its funny that you mentioned boris marine. I ended up stopping by his store today and he hooked me up. He is a good guy and I appreciate everything he did for me. I will be giving him business from here on out and will do my best to let people know he is around. I got a 109lb thrust motorguide for half of retail and he is going to swap out the shaft for a 60 inch shaft. We came to the conclusion that 60 should be fine. He made me do some measuring after I left the store and I talked to him while doing the measuring and he seems to think the 60 will be fine. If not, he will then swap out for the 70. Do you think I should just put the 70 on? I really think the 60 might be fine??????????????????????????

Thanks for all the help and hopefully the 109 will pull like a champ!!! I also got the quick release for when I take her offshore. I should be able to get some decent distance with an 86 gallon tank.