360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The season as everyone knows it that has hunted there before is now a draw season. Myself my dad and grandfather headed to NM on the 29 and the season started on OCT 31. On the opening day I saw four bucks running together and took a shot at one of them, it was about to get dark so I radioed my dad and told him about the deer and that we would look for it in the morning. The next morning we had no luck in finding the deer. Lucky for the others where still in the area and I took a nice 6 point with a lot of character. He was definitely an older buck and his horns were starting to regress. He weighed in at just over 200lbs when he was dressed. Now I am just waiting to get the European mount back and hoping for a big on here in La.

On a side note I saw two 6x6 elk that where fighting on the side of the the mountain and we all saw a ton of cow elk that could have easily been taken with a bow. Hopefully next year I can get the draw for a nice bull elk!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Nice deer. really like the "brow tine" on the right.
looks like he needed to be removed, but nice character.
Congrats. call me when you put the backstraps on the grille......:D

·
1,699 Posts
congrats on the mulie!!! sounds like a great time.. NM has some beautiful country and some awesome wildlife.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts