My new Jigging Master custom rods by rodwinder

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Nov 16, 2008.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Ralph built two 500g Jigging Master Power Spell rods for me.
    One for me and one for a customer. As usual those custom rods by rodwinder are beautifully wrapped and well balanced.
    I plan to test the rod for big yellowfin in 150 - 200 lbs range out of Cape Town, South Africa in early December if weather is favorable.
    The dead lifting power of 500g JM Power Spell is over 66 lbs though the blank is very thin ! I think the 500g rod can handle a 200 plus lbs tuna without any problem as I fought 130 - 140 lbs bluefin with a 350g JM Power Spell rod with ease and the rod had enough backbone.
    Thanks, Ralph. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Wow, those rod looks beautiful Kil.
    Do you plan on selling those rod balancer, winding check and gimbal at your store ?

3. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

he always does awesome work

4. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Do you plan on selling those rod balancer, winding check and gimbal at your store ?

Freddy

I know he has the gimbals, I have a red one sitting here.

d-a

5. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Doug, bring it to Jim house today. I want to see it.

6. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Man, awesome rods. What is the length of the blank?

Scott

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Yes, they are available though I have limeted number of rod balancers and rings. Those items should be listed on my site soon.

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Man, awesome rods. What is the length of the blank?

Scott
    The blue one is 5'0 and red one is 5'2". As JM makes only 4'8 and 5'0 for 500g rods, I like to experiment with 5'2".

9. Nepptune

Nepptune Senior Member

Very nice Kil, those look AMAZING!

Are you defintely gonna be down here in December? Please stay in touch and let me know, as I would love to fish with you when you come down. Are you going to be fishing with Miles?

We fished this weekend.... Yellows were playing silly buggers though, couldn't figure the pattern on them... TONS of bait out there, so fish were not feeding actively... a couple boats got a few lucky 1s and 2s, but as soon as all this bait thins out, the Yellows will start chewing.... we got 9 Albacore to 40 pounds though.

Awesome rods, looking forward to seeing them ! :)
    Andre

10. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Very nice Kil, those look AMAZING!

Are you defintely gonna be down here in December? Please stay in touch and let me know, as I would love to fish with you when you come down. Are you going to be fishing with Miles?

We fished this weekend.... Yellows were playing silly buggers though, couldn't figure the pattern on them... TONS of bait out there, so fish were not feeding actively... a couple boats got a few lucky 1s and 2s, but as soon as all this bait thins out, the Yellows will start chewing.... we got 9 Albacore to 40 pounds though.

Awesome rods, looking forward to seeing them ! :)
    Andre
    Yes, I fish with Miles. I definitely go if I can find fishable weather and fly to Cape Town on a short notice. I can't wait to test my 500g JM rods for big yellowfin. I am going to stay on jigs mostly. I heard you got yft on jigs.
    Do you know tackle shop called Tackle Box in South Africa ?

11. clalo20

clalo20 Junior member

KilSong, these are georgeous rods!!! Rodwinder does impressive work!

Will give you a call!

12. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Kil: What reels are you putting on those rods?

13. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil: What reels are you putting on those rods?
    For 150 - 200 lbs yft, I plan to use Accurate 665 two-speed or Accurate B2 30.
    I was planning to bring John Baker 12, but the reel's handle got free when I use it for cod jigging to see how the reel works.
    When I tried to fix the disengaged handle, the gear changing knob was disengaged too. :(
    While jigging cod with John Baker 12, I felt I could jig with 36 oz John Baker reel for several hours. So I think it is not a big issue to use 36 oz B2 30 for a while.

14. VaRandy

VaRandy Site Sponsor

Looking forward to your reports on them

15. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Thanks Kil I was just curious.