my new jiggin setup!!

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by SkeeterRonnie, Oct 25, 2007.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

ordered a SeaMagic 400 Gram spinning/jiggin stick, along with a SHimano Spheros 8000 (will upgrade the drags with carbon fiber).... WOO HOO!!

This is what I call the "po boys toys".... (not really the rod, but the reel :D )

I promise to get the fish in quick or bust the reel trying!! :eek:

2. tngbmt

tngbmt Senior Member

I promise to get the fish in quick or bust the reel trying
    i made that promise and proceeded to junk a fin-nor & a penn on schoolies. the fear that a yft would hit the popper on those two reels was exhilarating, so the relief landing schoolies & readying for the next cast.

3. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Thought you were gonna look @ my Cabo's first.......
    -Brian

4. SkeeterRonnie

For $90 brand new.... why wait... LOL!!

5. fish on

fish on Member

i dont understand why you guys think the fin-nors are so bad i have used them to land wahoo and tuna and thy seem quite fine to me

6. fish on

fish on Member

i know some broke a gear while fishing his but i saw a saltiga broken on another site. i owned shimano a spheros that is and i loved that reel but to be honest shimano could have done better with it. as a month after i bought it the spool stated to corrode and please dont mention the sevice as i have tried to pull the spool and every screw got rounded. the there is the bail and line roller which i have pulled on two separate reels and one had a bearing and one had a bushing which speaks to lack of consistency,and did i mention that the aluminium part that goes from the bail to the bail arm broke on the two reels due to the use of loctite on both.smooth lovley reels but i think the fin-nor is stronger ,next time i land a monster on mine i will be ssure to post a pic fot all the doubtful thomases

7. SkeeterRonnie

i would rather spend less on the same quality... fin nor, spheros, thunnus... they are all bottom end reels. i can get a spheros and change the drags(without rounding the screws- you gots to be gentle) with carbon fibers and have about $130 total in it... NEW.

8. papio

papio Senior Member

I believe the negative feedback on the Fin-Nor were on their Offshore reels. I bought one (duma$$ me) and the very next day after I received it i gave away to some kid playing down my street. I've fondle the Ahabs and they feel pretty good. A few buddies swears by them so they are good reels.

The Spheros are great reels, I know because I have much success with it. One I have upgraded, the other locked, stocked and still bringing in da big boys.

9. SkeeterRonnie

that was QUICK!! just opened up my package from Islanders Custom Tackle with my 400gram spinning jigger in it !! WOW! Just have to wait on the reel now... I may go try some striper jiggin on Texoma in the next couple weeks to test it out... :)