My new Bucktails have arrived!!!!

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Boston Tangler, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

FINALLY!!!

When I started on this project last Feb. if someone had told me all the trials and trib. I would have never believed them. From having to smuggle the hair into China to getting the right hooks over there, its been a learning experience to be sure.

I feel the results are worth it. I am not 100% satisfied with the job the factory did with the hair but we can improve upon that and I am also offering the jigs with a lumo. skirt that is replaceable.

These came out great - hair is how I wanted it

[​IMG]

These the hair is a little short

[​IMG]

These came out very nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

looking very nice dan....i like the brown ones!

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

the brown ones are nice. they look good. what are the weights

4. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

How much are the jigs?

5. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

6. Van Wildonher

Van Wildonher Member

I have one coming in glow. Looking forward to checking it out.

They are 4.95 for 3oz, 5.95 for 5oz, 7.95 for 8oz, 9.95 for 10oz, and 12.95 for 12oz

kidflex, your avatar looks unreal.

7. nxtbgctch

nxtbgctch Senior Member

what hook is being used in them? Will they hold up to big fish? Does the hook get bigger as they jig does.

The big spros still have small hooks that would worry me on a big fish.

8. Boston Tangler

These are Japanese hooks - black nickle - very good the best hook I thought I could find until I found something better at Icast. So now they are Japanese hooks next batch I think I'm going to use the new very sharp barbarian jig hook from VMC.

9. Boston Tangler

Are they Spro jigs?

No these are a new product that we designed, had the molds cut and are now making in China.

Yes patterned after them and but I improved the angle of the eye hook slightly and made the body a little longer and more streamlined. Also I have sizes to kind of fill in around gaps in their line, so I have it in 3, 5, 8, 10 and 12 ounce sizes.

Dealer and wholesale orders welcomed, I have 1,500 pcs of each size in stock spread over the five colors.

10. nxtbgctch

nxtbgctch Senior Member

No these are a new product that we designed, had the molds cut and are now making in China.

Yes patterned after them and but I improved the angle of the eye hook slightly and made the body a little longer and more streamlined. Also I have sizes to kind of fill in around gaps in their line, so I have it in 3, 5, 8, 10 and 12 ounce sizes.

Dealer and wholesale orders welcomed, I have 1,500 pcs of each size in stock spread over the five colors.

What hook size is on the bigger ones? Got any pics of the 8, 10, and 12oz ?

11. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

That shape is similar to Matzuo hooks, are they Matzuo hooks?

12. Boston Tangler

Sorry for late reply they are not Mazuto - but another quality brand :D