My New Arsenal

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by gmack, Jan 18, 2009.

1. gmack

gmack Senior Member

I usually get a couple of new outfits before my offshore fishing starts. This year I focused on high quality jigging gear. Looking forward to putting the heat on em!

Heavy Setup - Custom JPR 600 gram Jigging Master with a Ocea Jigger 4000P and OTI PE8

Meduim Setup - Jigging Master Terminator 50B 300 gram with a Saltiga 30T and Daiwa PE6

Light Setup - Jigging Master Terminator 53B 150 gram with a Saltiga 20 and Daiwa PE4

I love my customer 600 gram rod. Paul did a great job with it. I with it was a little shorter, but other than that it's perfect. I fished it with 25-30# of drag the one time I used it. I would say that is the perfect drag for the rod........if you can handle it! The 4000P has some serious power. Unlike most I don't like the big honking handle because it's not angled. I'm changing it to the smaller knob to try it out.

I have not used the Termators yet, but they are ver light in weight and are made well. Finish on them is great. The saltigas are smooth. I decided to leave the drags stock and change them at the end of the summer to carbontex. I can see that little 150 gram rod will be sweet. I can't wait to lay into a 8-10# snapper with it. It will be a blast!!!!!

Enjoy the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/gmack7277/new014.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/gmack7277/new015.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/gmack7277/new016.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/gmack7277/new017.jpg

Here is the 600 Gram bent up with 25# of drag.
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/gmack7277/th_new018.jpg

2. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

What makes the Ocea Jigger different than the current Shimano models we have in the US? Are the anti-reverse bearing and backup any better than the Torium and Trinidad?

3. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

sweet new set of toys.Thats a pretty good looking bunch of combos. where did u get those jm rods?

4. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Very nice equipment,
    I think you will be more than satisfied with the JPR rod, weight vs lenght\holding action.
    When you get a fat fish on, that would be the rod I would like.

What is the gear ratio of all of the reels. Just asking?

Do they still sell 10oz beers in Houma?:)

Kev

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Beautiful set ups!!!

6. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

7. stresst

stresst Senior Member

What makes the Ocea Jigger different than the current Shimano models we have in the US? Are the anti-reverse bearing and backup any better than the Torium and Trinidad?

I sold my trini 40 to buy a OJ4000P, the OJ put's out more drag(even with carbontex and a Cal's drive plate), it is bit ligher, has a spool lock feature and most of all it has a lower gear ratio 4/1

Not sure about the anti reverse

8. gmack

gmack Senior Member

The 4000P has the an instant anti-reverse bearing and two back up anti-reverse pawls which I believe is the same as the Trinidad 40N. I've never heard of anybody complain about the anti reverse of the Ocean Jigger.

The 4000P has a retrieve ratio of 4.1:1 while the trinidad is 4.9:1.

The Ocea Jigger also has a longer handle arm for more power.

9. gmack

gmack Senior Member

Very nice equipment,
    I think you will be more than satisfied with the JPR rod, weight vs lenght\holding action.
    When you get a fat fish on, that would be the rod I would like.

What is the gear ratio of all of the reels. Just asking?

Do they still sell 10oz beers in Houma?:)

Kev

4.1:1 on the Ocea Jigger 4000P, 4.9:1 on the Saltiga 30T and 5.4:1 on the Saltiga 20.

I wanted a Saltiga 15 for the extra narrow spool, but the $270 price tag of the Saltiga 20 I couldn't pass up.

Gary

10. gmack

gmack Senior Member

sweet new set of toys.Thats a pretty good looking bunch of combos. where did u get those jm rods?

Got the 300 gram Terminator from Kil Song and the 150 gram Terminator from ChrisW of www.jigsdirect

Gary

11. gmack

gmack Senior Member

PS......excuse the chicken santa dog toy in the pics!

12. d-a

d-a Senior Member

George

Theres not much different in the Trini and OJ reels they both have the same AR setup, one Ar bearing and a double cog backup. The Oj was designed as a true jigging reel and the Trini as an all purpose reel( hince the clicker and cast control). Most of the internal parts are interchangeable. The Two major differences is the spool lock feature and the lower gear ratio that's both on the OJ. You can get an OJ with the 4.9-1 ratio as well.

d-a