My jigging sessions of Canyon Runner Seminars

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

My tuna jigging sessions of Canyon Runner seminars at Atlatic City yesterday (Sat) is finally over and I am pretty exhausted after 5 jigging sessions. :)
    It was a great seminars. They had over 400 paid fishermen and it surprised me because I expected the number of attendance woudl be down because of economy, but they had more fishermen this year. :eek:

I went offshore seabass fishing on Friday and went to Atlantic City directly after fishing.
    While seabass jigging on Friday, I prepared for the jigging sessions with one hand with a rod and one hand with summarized papers. :)
    I had one extra copy of the summeraized papers and I used it for two sessions, but someone took it appraently believing the papers were the summary of my jigging session which I distributed. So I had to use the dirty smelly summarized papers which I used while fishing.

I wish I could have made visual presention of Charlie White underwater video. It clearly show how samon attack trolled bait/lure. It changes my whole concept of hook presentation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basil explaining about topshot.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/ksong/canyonrunnerSeminar01-31-09011.jpg

My jigging stuffs
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/ksong/canyonrunnerSeminar01-31-09015.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/ksong/canyonrunnerSeminar01-31-09016.jpg

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Did anyone walk off with your stuff thinking they were free samples?:D

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Did anyone walk off with your stuff thinking they were free samples?:D
    I found a few expensive Japanese jigs were missing. :)

4. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

nice pics kil.
    looks like a good crowd

5. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

nice pictures kil.
    I wonder if your seminar is avaliable online ? for a charge ?

sure would have loved to be in attendence (to see your setups too)

6. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Thanks for the pics Kil. Is that a blue colored blank in the pic with your jigging setups on the far right? What is that one?

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Thanks for the pics Kil. Is that a blue colored blank in the pic with your jigging setups on the far right? What is that one?
    That is St Croix 4M76XHF blank. The blank is lighter than any other Japanese blanks but rated to 80 lbs. I hav a full lengh of custom jigging rod from the blank and I am thinking about making short Japanese style jiggind rod from the blank. I could weigh less than Hot Wei World rod, but stronger.

8. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

kil ill take the first ten on the left.too bad there are fisherman that will steal stuff from other fellow fisherman!

9. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Kil - What do you think about the blank for tossing poppers? Is it too stiff or would it be good for that application too?

That is St Croix 4M76XHF blank. The blank is lighter than any other Japanese blanks but rated to 80 lbs. I hav a full lengh of custom jigging rod from the blank and I am thinking about making short Japanese style jiggind rod from the blank. I could weigh less than Hot Wei World rod, but stronger.

10. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil - What do you think about the blank for tossing poppers? Is it too stiff or would it be good for that application too?
    I think the blank is very good for popping. I haven't checked all lines of St. Croix blanks. It looks there are some candidates for popping blanks.

11. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

wonder if the st. croix offshore blanks carry the same unconditional warranty that my st. croix fly rods have?

12. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

I found a few expensive Japanese jigs were missing. :)
    that sucks that you had jigs missing. most hardcore fisherman(jiggin/poppin) are honest. i never worry about anyone who i ever fished with. most guys are willing to give stuff away or let you use whatever if you need something. but you never know i guess. glad the seminar was a success

13. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Kil, There is a seminar at mohegan sun at some point isnt there? if so ill be there I just need some info. What is the cost to attend, and how many different seminars can i go to while im there how does it work ive never been before.

14. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

YOu can find the info at Canyonrunner.com

15. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Yea, I read that and its still sorta fuzzy. I was wondering because it says which seminar you want to attend. Does that mean i can only attend one ?

16. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

There are several seminars going on during the day. They repeat like 5 times. You pick the ones you want, attend, then go to another one. THey last about an hour each.