360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tuna jigging sessions of Canyon Runner seminars at Atlatic City yesterday (Sat) is finally over and I am pretty exhausted after 5 jigging sessions. :)
It was a great seminars. They had over 400 paid fishermen and it surprised me because I expected the number of attendance woudl be down because of economy, but they had more fishermen this year. :eek:

I went offshore seabass fishing on Friday and went to Atlantic City directly after fishing.
While seabass jigging on Friday, I prepared for the jigging sessions with one hand with a rod and one hand with summarized papers. :)
I had one extra copy of the summeraized papers and I used it for two sessions, but someone took it appraently believing the papers were the summary of my jigging session which I distributed. So I had to use the dirty smelly summarized papers which I used while fishing.

I wish I could have made visual presention of Charlie White underwater video. It clearly show how samon attack trolled bait/lure. It changes my whole concept of hook presentation.

Basil explaining about topshot.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/ksong/canyonrunnerSeminar01-31-09011.jpg

My jigging stuffs
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/ksong/canyonrunnerSeminar01-31-09015.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/ksong/canyonrunnerSeminar01-31-09016.jpg

·
2,835 Posts
Did anyone walk off with your stuff thinking they were free samples?:D

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did anyone walk off with your stuff thinking they were free samples?:D
I found a few expensive Japanese jigs were missing. :)

·
2,753 Posts
nice pictures kil.
I wonder if your seminar is avaliable online ? for a charge ?

sure would have loved to be in attendence (to see your setups too)

·
358 Posts
Thanks for the pics Kil. Is that a blue colored blank in the pic with your jigging setups on the far right? What is that one?

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics Kil. Is that a blue colored blank in the pic with your jigging setups on the far right? What is that one?
That is St Croix 4M76XHF blank. The blank is lighter than any other Japanese blanks but rated to 80 lbs. I hav a full lengh of custom jigging rod from the blank and I am thinking about making short Japanese style jiggind rod from the blank. I could weigh less than Hot Wei World rod, but stronger.

·
3,241 Posts
kil ill take the first ten on the left.too bad there are fisherman that will steal stuff from other fellow fisherman!

·
358 Posts
Kil - What do you think about the blank for tossing poppers? Is it too stiff or would it be good for that application too?

That is St Croix 4M76XHF blank. The blank is lighter than any other Japanese blanks but rated to 80 lbs. I hav a full lengh of custom jigging rod from the blank and I am thinking about making short Japanese style jiggind rod from the blank. I could weigh less than Hot Wei World rod, but stronger.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kil - What do you think about the blank for tossing poppers? Is it too stiff or would it be good for that application too?
I think the blank is very good for popping. I haven't checked all lines of St. Croix blanks. It looks there are some candidates for popping blanks.

·
1,553 Posts
I found a few expensive Japanese jigs were missing. :)
that sucks that you had jigs missing. most hardcore fisherman(jiggin/poppin) are honest. i never worry about anyone who i ever fished with. most guys are willing to give stuff away or let you use whatever if you need something. but you never know i guess. glad the seminar was a success

·
406 Posts
Kil, There is a seminar at mohegan sun at some point isnt there? if so ill be there I just need some info. What is the cost to attend, and how many different seminars can i go to while im there how does it work ive never been before.

·
406 Posts
Yea, I read that and its still sorta fuzzy. I was wondering because it says which seminar you want to attend. Does that mean i can only attend one ?

·
969 Posts
There are several seminars going on during the day. They repeat like 5 times. You pick the ones you want, attend, then go to another one. THey last about an hour each.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts