360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

My fishing story.

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  a1flyfishr 
#1 · (Edited)
We call him Uncle Mekyong and my wife and I owe him for our love of fishing. 15 years ago, he took us to the jetty in Surfside, Texas and showed us how to fish. We had spent countless days and nights with him fishing the river, surf, and the jetties for anything that swims. He is truly a hardcore fisherman and always a pleasure to fish with. My family then moved to PNW in 2012 and I believed that was the last time we fished with him. Unfortunately 3 years ago, he passed away at a young age of 50 due to colon cancer. My family went to visit him when he was in the hospital and on his funeral.

Anyways, this past weekend, my wife and I had the pleasure of bringing his family ( wife and 2 sons ) to our favorite river here in Seattle. We were teaching them how to fish for salmon. It had been slow days as far as fishing but my wife and I enjoyed and will forever treasure the moment we had with them together. Fortunately, the eldest son caught the biggest fish I had ever seen landed on this river. It was his first time fishing but he is coachable and was able to land the fish after about 5 minutes. The blood of a fisherman truly runs in his veins.

Here are some pics. You're welcome to share your story. Tight lines y'll.
Water Cloud Sky Active shorts Sleeve
Clothing Water Sky Cloud People in nature
Cloud Water Smile Sky Vertebrate
Cloud Sky Water Natural landscape Beach
Water Cloud Sky Sleeve Fisherman
Smile Cloud Sky Vertebrate Water
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere
Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Water resources
Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion People in nature
Cloud Water Sky Water resources People in nature

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.