My experience.......(so far)

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Bill Fisher, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

FWIW.......

All-American Outdoors - Fishing reels

i'm now three weeks into an order for a spool o'line from these folks and e-mailed'em yesterday to 'fill-or-kill' immediatly...... (can't wait to hear back on that :rolleyes: )

2 weeks ago when i inquired about the order i got a song-n-dance about how they and the whole town had the flu...... both swine and regular flu

why do i feel like Joe Pesci as Vinny Gambini in 'My Cousin Vinny' speaking to Fred Gwinn (the judge) about his secondhand suit, which has an 18th-century look and is red.......

Vinny Gambini: "I bought a suit. You seen it. Now it's covered in mud. This town doesn't have a one hour cleaner so I had to buy a new suit, except the only store you could buy a new suit in has got the flu. Got that? The whole store got the flu so I had to get this in a second hand store. So it's either wear the leather jacket which I know you hate, or this. So I wore this ridiculous thing for you."

while i'm sympathetic to their plight......... this certainly doesn't help repair what seems to be a bad reputation they have already rec'd from a few folk

2. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

thank you for saving the rest of us from that mistake. Sorry for your hassle.

3. chf1949

chf1949 Senior Member

thank you for saving the rest of us from that mistake. Sorry for your hassle.

Ditto!

4. Bill Fisher

FWIW.......

All-American Outdoors - Fishing reels

i'm now three weeks into an order for a spool o'line from these folks and e-mailed'em yesterday to 'fill-or-kill' immediatly...... (can't wait to hear back on that :rolleyes: )

2 weeks ago when i inquired about the order i got a song-n-dance about how they and the whole town had the flu...... both swine and regular flu

UPDATE: (or lack-there-of)

i rec'd the exact same (song-n-dance) e-mail form'em on Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:44 AM in response to the 'fill-or-kill' request i made on Oct 28th

and it came with the same tag-line as their last ('no info') response.......

"The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the addressee and are intended solely for the recipients use. If you are not the addressee, you have received this e-mail in error. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please note that any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author personally and not All-American Outdoors. All-American Outdoors do not accept responsibility for the contents of the message. Any pulbic reproduction, manipulation, or broadcast is criminal and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

guess that's they're way o'saying we've screwed you,..... but don't tell no one

my order is now a month old and i have no idea what this fly-by-night outfit has any intentention of doing...... or if they'll do anything-at-all

:mad:

5. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

Bill Fisher, do you ever call them? I call them a couple of times to check on my order (Daiwa PE8) last time and they response quickly and the spool came in at the right time. The reason for mine was that the line was out of stock.

6. Bill Fisher

last i checked, they'd removed the contact phone number from the website nor have they offered one up in their e-mails....

but when i look now, it's back up but no answer other than a recorded message saying the mailbox is full

it's turning out to be a real PITA because i'm only gonna be here 2 more weeks at the 'ship to' address i gave'em

7. toppuntawong

One of a guy from one of the forum had a problem with them as well, I called them for him but they never return my call either but that was about 2 months after my order.

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Bill Fisher,

I warned you about these guys, but I think I was a few hours late. You had already placed the order. To make you feel good, I still after almost 8 months haven't received an order that I paid for in advance from Angler's Center.
    They still even send me emails on specials. Do they think I'm an idiot? Why in the world would I buy from someone that has already screwed me?

Getting the shaft and run around gets old real fast. If these people would just not take your money for out of stock items, then I wouldn't be upset. Getting money up front and not even responding about your item is why I
    have "Black-balled" some of these guys from future purchases.

Down right crooks. Deadbeats on the selling end. If they were within driving distance, I would have made a scene inside the store. That's rare for me, but enough is enough.

9. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Bill Fisher,

I warned you about these guys, but I think I was a few hours late. You had already placed the order. To make you feel good, I still after almost 8 months haven't received an order that I paid for in advance from Angler's Center.
    They still even send me emails on specials. Do they think I'm an idiot? Why in the world would I buy from someone that has already screwed me?

Getting the shaft and run around gets old real fast. If these people would just not take your money for out of stock items, then I wouldn't be upset. Getting money up front and not even responding about your item is why I
    have "Black-balled" some of these guys from future purchases.

Down right crooks. Deadbeats on the selling end. If they were within driving distance, I would have made a scene inside the store. That's rare for me, but enough is enough.

Thats why I always put a note that if any items are going to be back order that i want my order canceled. I did have a problem with Tackle Direct the other day about the same thing.

d-a

10. fishingeek

fishingeek Senior Member

I ordered a spool of Daiwa Boat Braid from All American and it took six weeks for them to ship it!!!!!! Said they had a death in the Family......

11. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

sometimes it pays to just find a shop near you and pony up the extra few bucks....

12. toppuntawong

I ordered a spool of Daiwa Boat Braid from All American and it took six weeks for them to ship it!!!!!! Said they had a death in the Family......

Well, AL you know they got to go to the funeral...:D :D :D

13. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Senior Member

Was the funeral on the moon? Did they walk to it?

14. Bill Fisher

well, here it is dec 11th and all i've got to show for my order placed with ALL AMERICAN OUTDOORS is a credit card charge with an activity date of 11/4............... (and i was still at the 'ship to' address until 11/23)

never rec'd a damned thing other'n my CC statement that showed up yestuhdee

guess i'll copy everything i'll be sending to the card company's 'charge-back dept' and forward those copies to their nearest BBB office and the state's atty gen's office for whatever good that might do

anyone else i should be reporting a business like this to?..... outright fraud imo

BUYER BEWARE!.....

15. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Senior Member

That's the only down side to internet business. Often times you have no idea where the business is located and sometimes there is no contact phone number. The question isn't if you will eventually be cheated but when. When we shop for bargains we are vulnerable.:(

16. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

That's the only down side to internet business. Often times you have no idea where the business is located and sometimes there is no contact phone number. The question isn't if you will eventually be cheated but when. When we shop for bargains we are vulnerable.:(

It's a good thing we have forum members who post feedback on these shopping experiences to help others stay away from those deals that are normally too good to be true.

17. Bill Fisher

It's a good thing we have forum members who post feedback on these shopping experiences to help others stay away from those deals that are normally too good to be true.

and-by-the-same token, i'd like to say i've since ordered my needs from angler systems, inc and would like to say i'm very pleased with their customer service and fair pricing..........

i rec'd e-mail confirmation and tracking info for my first order ever placed with'em and notification of a back ordered item and subsequent tracking info on it......... got my CC bill before the backordered item but i guess that's to be expected paying thru pay-pal but at least i can see it's on it's way with that tracking info

check'em out sometime....... Angler Systems, MirrOlure, Daiwa, Shimano, Avet Reels

18. Angler Systems

Angler Systems Senior Member

I agree with several of your points in that all internet businesses NEED TO clearly post their phone number and also their business address. Your statement "The question isn't if you will eventually be cheated but when. When we shop for bargains we are vulnerable" is really not fair because most of us truely attempt to do the best we can in terms of not only price but also service. My suggestion.....call before ordering anything online and if you can't call.....do not order.