My 4'8" Spinning Jigging rod from 600g OTI

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by ksong, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I am extremely pleased to get 4'8" custom spinning jigging rod from rodwinder today. The blank is 5'6" 600g OTI and it was cut 8" from butt section to make 4'8" which is the exact the same length as Hot's Wei World. While Hot Wei weighs 8 oz, the rod weighs 8 1/2 oz.
    But this rod looks much stronger than Hot Wei rod. The trip section of 600g rod is a little stiffer than Hot Wei rod, but not much and has much stronger and thicker body from midsection as you see in the picture. I am going to use this rod for big tuna or something big. :)

4'8" Hot Wei World/ 4'8" custom 600 OTI/ 5'2" Smith AMJ S52EX(from the left)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Billy 40

Billy 40 Senior Member

The power on these rods, is INSANE. you have to see it and feel it to believe it. I was scared to bend the thing, since it was so thin and stiff I didn't want to be teh idiot to break it. Kil shows up, puts the rod between his legs, I grab the tip, and he leans back with all of his weight and power and flexes teh rod to the max....or what I percieve to be teh max. Rod is 4'8, and pretty much 100% shut off at the front of the foregrip.

3. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Nice rod Kil,
    I will cut my OTI 600g to 4'10"

4. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Kil: What would be your estimate of the maximum drag this rod could handle? The longer blank it is made from is rated at 30 pounds and I would think that is a conservative estimate. Thanks.

Russ

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil: What would be your estimate of the maximum drag this rod could handle? The longer blank it is made from is rated at 30 pounds and I would think that is a conservative estimate. Thanks.

Russ
    The rod might handle over 30 lbs drag, but I normally use 22 -25 lbs drag for tuna and I am going to use the same drag for the rod too.

6. rtran

rtran Senior Member

i love the end on the custom oti.

7. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

OTI looks great kil
    i just finished the full size OTI 600g
    maybe next one will have to get cut down, if these blanks are that good cut:D i cant wait to get this made
    what reel are you using on this?

8. Rodwinder

Rodwinder Senior Member

Until you bend one of these the pictures will not do them justice

9. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

I love it! First two guides are turned right!

Kil, I am still able to be adopted as your son... :}

10. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

The power on these rods, is INSANE. you have to see it and feel it to believe it. I was scared to bend the thing, since it was so thin and stiff I didn't want to be teh idiot to break it. Kil shows up, puts the rod between his legs, I grab the tip, and he leans back with all of his weight and power and flexes teh rod to the max....or what I percieve to be teh max. Rod is 4'8, and pretty much 100% shut off at the front of the foregrip.

The Hots will flex well into the foregrip... past the reel seat! Put the heat to the OTI! This rod is going to be BIG.

Yall better grab an OTI before there is a run on 'em and the price jacks up...

INSANE! Great description Billy.

Somebody please bend this rod in front of a camera.

11. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

From Kilsong..........
    I am going to use this rod for big tuna or something big.:)
    Of Course You Are.
    What brand of guides did your rod builder use?

THX

K2

12. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Sounds like a new rod may be coming to the OTI lineup. The Kilsong Special or Special K for short.

Fred

13. Billy 40

Billy 40 Senior Member

FH56 - Rodwinder used MNSG's

14. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

I like it ,let's see a picture with it loaded

15. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Attached Files:

16. cbaker77

cbaker77 Site Sponsor

Awesome looking rod! Hopefully we will see how it handles a 100lb AJ!

17. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I brought my custom 4'8" OTI spinning jigging rod with me at jigging seminar in Rhode Island on Saturday and many guys liked the rod and asked information of the blank and rod builder. :)
    Rodwinder, you are going to get busy soon. :)

18. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

19. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

I brought my custom 4'8" OTI spinning jigging rod with me at jigging seminar in Rhode Island on Saturday and many guys liked the rod and asked information of the blank and rod builder. :)
    Rodwinder, you are going to get busy soon. :)
    that 600g is a nice blank, looks like we need to get more:D
    i think the next few will be shorter
    these things are really light at full size..
    hey ralph if it gets busy..at least they are short rods:D

20. bigrockjigging

bigrockjigging Guest

I just got my new 600g oti rod in today. Man is it nice. I was going to go with the smith but due to a recent warranty question on the smith rods I went with the OTI and am glad I did. Man it is light and feels ready to pull up some monster fish.