360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

801 - 820 of 826 Posts

·
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #801
"Video unavailable"... Who was this?

Love Dead can Dance... Excellent outfit.
Joe Jackson
Cancer
From " night and day"
Whole album was a great body of work.
Another one that I used to wear the hell out.

·
619 Posts
She sang a song that I probably hadnt heard in fifty years and she was something like nine years old and it was crazy.

"I who have nothing"

·
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #806 (Edited)
Not terribly far off the beaten path, but all the same, a brilliant collaboration

I listen to calexico often.have for some time now.I haven't heard this.
I agree.brilliant.

They have done so much stuff.
So many different ideas and directions. When you think you know who they are and try to put them in a box or category you will find something they did that you wouldn't have expected.
Even some traditional straight jazz.

Cool band

·
5,078 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
With the exception of some African drumming (multiple drummers) that I've been lucky enough to experience, I've never really "got" drum solos... And I think it's got a lot to do with a lack of melody. There are however some very notable drum riffs that really stand out... They're a few seconds long and can transform a piece of music.

That being said, I really admire this drummers' ability... I have a good sense of rhythm but I've tried drumming with drum sticks and fail beyond miserably, so I am in awe of someone who can. Thanks for the post.

·
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #813
With the exception of some African drumming (multiple drummers) that I've been lucky enough to experience, I've never really "got" drum solos... And I think it's got a lot to do with a lack of melody. There are however some very notable drum riffs that really stand out... They're a few seconds long and can transform a piece of music.

That being said, I really admire this drummers' ability... I have a good sense of rhythm but I've tried drumming with drum sticks and fail beyond miserably, so I am in awe of someone who can. Thanks for the post.
We think very much alike, musically.
I realize the drums’ value but alone it seems mechanical and lacking feeling and soul.

As with everywhere, there are exceptions.
I have listened to some conga drum ensembles that were very inspiring and full soul and feeling.
As kipi said, I can also appreciate the talent that this young lady possesses but I wouldn’t search out her music to listen to.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Absolutely beautiful... When I heard the first minute of it, I was thinking... "hey, this is Metheny"... So I carried on listening to it on YouTube to get a little more info and lo an behold, turns out they worked together quite a bit... I can understand why, they're peas in a pod. Thanks NC

801 - 820 of 826 Posts