Top dia: 1.6mm
Butt dia: 24.4mm
Rig weight: MAX130g
Line: PE-15
Price: 1,050,000 YEN or $10,825 USD !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MrBill, you already have one on order don't cha? :p

·
1,553 Posts
thats a mighty fine surf rod. ridiculous price but superb craftsmanship. there are people that pay damn near that for really high end european fly rods.

·
1,105 Posts
I notice that the target fish listed are Striped Knife Fish and Carp. I am trying to imagine a conversation between my grandfather and me, were he to return from the great beyond"

"What kind of pole you got there, Boy?"

"It's a Mugan Shiipou Ishidai, Grandpa."

"What you have to pay for something like that, Boy? It looks like a piece of shit to me."

"Well actually, Grandpa, it set me back just short of eleven thousand dollars."

"Great God Almighty, son! It must be made out of gold."

"It is Grandpa. It actually is."

"What you hoping to catch with such as that?"

"Carp, Grandpa."

"Oh."

·
973 Posts
I notice that the target fish listed are Striped Knife Fish and Carp. I am trying to imagine a conversation between my grandfather and me, were he to return from the great beyond"

"What kind of pole you got there, Boy?"

"It's a Mugan Shiipou Ishidai, Grandpa."

"What you have to pay for something like that, Boy? It looks like a piece of shit to me."

"Well actually, Grandpa, it set me back just short of eleven thousand dollars."

"Great God Almighty, son! It must be made out of gold."

"It is Grandpa. It actually is."

"What you hoping to catch with such as that?"

"Carp, Grandpa."

"Oh."

LOL - Thanks!

·
5,457 Posts
UR

Im glad to see you have moved out of the cave and back into the real world. Just goes to show you that Obama's plan is working; atleast for you. Now we just need to get Gunsmoke back from his cave

d-a

·
1,373 Posts
That baby better be gold inlayed and guaranteed for a hundred years with warranty transfer.

:eek: For one year after receiving a rod .
One blank is exchangeable only once. :eek:
Exemption from responsibility
84,000YEN

·
1,105 Posts
Doug: I actulaly do drift back around here every once in a while hoping to see my hero Gunsmoke in action. Haven't seen anything since last Christmas and it frankly has me concerned. I worry that he might have run into an unreasonable husband from his college days--or won a case of whiskey from MrBill and took a bet he couldn't drink it all in one night--or got a bad batch of...but you get the picture.

But I do appreciate your mentioning me in the same paragraph with the great one--it's like comparing a newspaper hack to William Shakespeare.

How is that new boat doing?

Russ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts