360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,835 Posts
The torque spinning reel is still being tested and as far as I know, the production of the reel at Penn hasn't begone. I was not a tester.:mad: I think it will be ready to purchase early spring. At least they didn't rush the reel into production and have tried to work out the bugs in advance.

I can't comment on the reel as I have not seen or used one. I hope for Penn sake that they have come up with a nice made in the USA spinning reel. I've heard rumors that Avet is also thinking about making a spinning reel. Penn has been making spinning reels for a long time, so I would think they know what they are doing. Time will tell if the torque is a winner or not. I wish them success as I think another made in USA quality spinning reel is needed.

·
2,030 Posts
I know some jiggers in Pensacola florida that a testing the torque spinning reels and they say they are awesome and will be a bunch of them on the boat when they caome out.

·
127 Posts
The Capt. I fish with, Greg Bogdan on the Permitted, is a Penn tester and he's got a couple of the Spinners. They have the thinnest body I've ever seen and are very solid. We'll be using them with alot of drag and will try our best to break them.

DL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts