Moving to NC/SC area

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by saw1665, Mar 22, 2009.

1. saw1665

saw1665 Junior member

Moving back to Little River Inlet area. Anyone fish up that way have any suggestions on what and where to fish in upcoming months.

Bottom, sharks, tuna, hoos, I love it all

Thanks,

Scott

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

you're not too far from wrightsville and morehead, i'd hook up with those guys up there.

3. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

There is Capt. Dicks in Myrtle Beach, but it's kind of touristy. Some of the longer trips are more serious. There is some good boats there in Little River Too, and the fishing will start to get better there each month into the summer.

4. Surfacegrinder

Surfacegrinder Guest

I fish out of the Oak Island area alittle ways up from there. If you have your own boat, there are lots of choices. If not go to Ocean Isle Fishing center and talk to Bret and those guys. They are good folks that will be gald to steer you right. If you have your own boat they also have alcohol free gas at their dock and will keep up with year to date purchases so you can get your tax $ back at years end. They have always been very helpful with info on bait, tactics, and locations.

No I am not on comish. Just a happy customer.

5. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Search the wilmington area too!

6. Surfacegrinder

Surfacegrinder Guest

If you are into the jigging, you will need to check out Tex's Tackle. These guys know their stuff, very helpful, and loads of tackle. And yes they are in Wilmington. The area in and around wilmington is packed with folks that are more than willing to help. Good luck and tight lines.

7. saw1665

saw1665 Junior member

Thanks for all the help, I ran a charter fishing business in Port A for yrs and associated with the Scat Cat forever. Been in Fl last few yrs and now going back to Brusnwick County where I grew up commercial snapper fishing. So I hope to enjoy running a charter and partyboat out of Calabash. Again thanks for all the help
    PS any one know number on place called Mac Micleen spot suppose to be good for wahoo and tuna?

Capt Scott

8. Surfacegrinder

Surfacegrinder Guest

Have not heard of that spot. Is it north or south of the scarp? Will see if any of my sources know and have been holding out on a good spot. Butch Foster of yeah right charters may know he is one of the better captins in the OKI area. I am just a weekend fisherman, and only get out when weather gives me a chance. Have fished the area for 27 years now but still don't know all that I would like about it.