Most popular Tuna rods??

Discussion in 'Pelagics' started by fishead, Oct 12, 2006.

1. fishead

fishead Junior member

I will be going out on the Capt. John next month and don't know which or how many rods to take. I have pretty much decided to take 3 rods and 5 reels, 1. Chaos 50-100 w/Avet EX, 2. Calstar 700m, 3. Seeker Extreme 20-50 6'8", reels would be Avet LX,Avet JX, Pro Gear 280 and Pro Gear 251. All reels are loaded w/ spectra and top shots of mono, both Pro Gears have had Carbon Tech carbon fiber drags installed and both little reels will pull more than 30 lbs. of drag. I would just swap reels for differant types of fishing. Or should I pack more STUFF w/ me, I also have both Seeker and Calstar 6460's, a Chaos 30-50 roller stripper and tip and assorted nice 20-50 lbs setups. Guess I'm just wondering how many rods and reels you seasoned veterans pack on a 36 hour trip. Oh and I have more poppers and knife jigs than I can carry.

2. Pope

Pope Senior Member

You are in great shape. Don't sweat it. You will likely be fishing Cerveza, Little Sister, etc. Mostly jigging for blackfin. Keep that Chaos/Avet ready with a flourocarbon leader in case you pull up to a deep shrimper with YFT on it.