360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking to refill my PE2 and PE4 jigging outfits. I'm usuing PowerPro currently and is looking out for anything better that may come along.

I saw the Shimano Tanatoru JDM line online that has unbelieveable breaking strength for it's diameter. Can anyone provide feedback on the Tanatoru line please?

Any recommendations on any other jigging line would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
People usually agree izorline, jerry brown, seaguar thread lock, and diamon braid are high end

I personally like to bring up the underdog for it the value and strength:tufline xp.

suffix 832is great value too but it gets waxyat about 65lb and up .but I thought it was worth mentioning since you were looking for PE 2-4

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yo-zuri superbraid is also worth a mention, and it's priced well too. Hollowcore braids are probably going to be too thick for jigging, you'll have a hard time staying vertical.

·
862 Posts
I saw the Shimano Tanatoru JDM line online that has unbelieveable breaking strength for it's diameter. Can anyone provide feedback on the Tanatoru line please?
I have not tried many but have sent a few for breaking strength test. Member Aquaholik, Charkbait & a store in Asia(out of business now). Those 3 brands I sent all have thinner diameter and higher break strength Stated comparing to Daiwa Samurai (or Boat Braid). Results came back to be about 10-15% lesser strength than what they stated. I know it’s not a big enough sample size to be accurate but now I fish those line thinking it eg 70lbs instead of 80lbs. However I still stick religiously with couple of them cos the abrasion resistance are better than my Daiwa Samurai. Worth it or not paying so much more? To me it is for Tuna & AJs trips not my yearly blackfish trip;)
* don’t want to start a brand war here so if you want to know the brands and the findings, PM me*:)

·
12 Posts
Power Pro Maxcuatro is one of the thinnest for its pound rating, and the newer Berkley X9 is similarly thin for its ratings. I just started using X9 on a reel and like it so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts