More NJ Blackfish

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by MJ4, Nov 21, 2009.

1. MJ4

MJ4 Senior Member

Snuck out for a mornin trip with Peter B and his buddy Dan on Peter's 23' SeaCraft.Broke Barnegat inlet by 6:45am and found acres of birds just out the inlet with lots of boats workin them.I was very happy to see Peter pin the throttles and focus on the task at hand.Blackfish.Made our way to Petes favorite wreck in a NW 8-10kt breeze and 1-3' seas.Arrived at the spot to find someone beat us out there so Peter put us on his 2nd favorite not too far away.
    The bite started slow with a few shorts and a couple of them endangered seabass:rolleyes: .Moved around the piece a bit lookin for the sweet spots.Found some decent 4-6lb fish here and there and plenty of action with shorts and just keeper fish.Pulled the hook around 11 am as we all had some family business to take care of.Pete and I put about 12-15 in the box while Dan kept the 6" bergals off our hooks all morn:D Sorry Dan(and not Boston Tangler Dan):D
    Peter thanks again.Its always great to fish with ya.Theres 3 million striper [email protected]#$ in NJ.Its nice to know I have one Blackfish friend.Look forward to doin it again soon.And you do a great job getting us on the piece and moving around it when were not gettin bit.:)

2. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Snuck out for a mornin trip with Peter B and his buddy Dan on Peter's 23' SeaCraft.Broke Barnegat inlet by 6:45am and found acres of birds just out the inlet with lots of boats workin them.I was very happy to see Peter pin the throttles and focus on the task at hand.Blackfish.Made our way to Petes favorite wreck in a NW 8-10kt breeze and 1-3' seas.Arrived at the spot to find someone beat us out there so Peter put us on his 2nd favorite not too far away.
    The bite started slow with a few shorts and a couple of them endangered seabass:rolleyes: .Moved around the piece a bit lookin for the sweet spots.Found some decent 4-6lb fish here and there and plenty of action with shorts and just keeper fish.Pulled the hook around 11 am as we all had some family business to take care of.Pete and I put about 12-15 in the box while Dan kept the 6" bergals off our hooks all morn:D Sorry Dan(and not Boston Tangler Dan):D
    Peter thanks again.Its always great to fish with ya.Theres 3 million striper [email protected]#$ in NJ.Its nice to know I have one Blackfish friend.Look forward to doin it again soon.And you do a great job getting us on the piece and moving around it when were not gettin bit.:)
    nice report.
    we are headed out in the morning

3. MJ4

MJ4 Senior Member

Go get em Paul