Momoi Mono

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by thenewkid, Jul 21, 2008.

1. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Ok, so i've heard alot of possitive comments on this stuff, and have seen it used alot. I like it but, I have also heard alot of things going around, like it tests higher than normal mono. 80lb tests at 122 ??:confused: Does Momoi make mono that tests regular or what and the stuff that tests at 122 does it still have 80lb mono diameter.

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

momoi diamond will over test every time. the diameter will be slightly thicker than most other brands in the same line class. i use it and like it regardless of line diameter. very strong line with excellent abraision resistance.

3. Muddskipper

Muddskipper Senior Member

I run Momoi Mono on my chunking set up.....I have it spliced in my hallow 130 Izor Line

Forget if I'm running 60 or 80...but have had the same for numerous trips

4. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

Does Momoi make mono that tests regular or what

Momoi’s Hi-Catch I.G.F.A. Nylon Monofilament Line is produced to exact tolerances and is designed to break just under I.G.F.A. specifications for each line class

5. xs_tackle

xs_tackle Senior Member

You should be able to compare premium lines for breaking strain this way: Assume all test at a breaking strain of about 100,000 lbs/sq. in of cross-sectional area. Then make up your mind based on all the other factors (price, color, price, hardness of surface, price, which famous people use it successfully the way you would without being paid for doing so, etc. ...)

All the big names have their followings and paid boosters. If you like small diameter for a given breaking strain, take a look at Softsteel.