360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell yeah, go for it mate

I am going to stay away from them bloody deco wraps. I hardly ever see one that looks like it belongs on a rod and when I try to do one I always end up making a mess. I just dont have what it takes to do the buggers right. I wish I hadnt done it on that now or only used black for that and gone 8 axis

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really nice saqa, I am impressed, love the whole set up.....

thanks mon

·
580 Posts
Very sexy rod, I think I just got a hard-on. ;)
Did you build this rod or was it manufactured? How much did the set up cost? And what are you using this rod to target?

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bill, the reel was AU$1500 but the rod wasnt too bad because I have a rod biz and I buy the parts at wholesale and just pinched pinched some stock to put a stick for personal use together. I dont know where you are located but I think in US you should be able able to get all the parts together and an OTI blank for around US$300, I could be wrong though. The OTI blank will be much better then what I used too. The target use and species for the rod above is casting large poppers at funky tropicals like large GT. Speak to one of the sponsors on this forum like Paul from JPR or ksong and they'll be albe to identify all the parts on the above rod and give you a proper quote as well as recomend the blank suited for your application

1 - 16 of 16 Posts