360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn tj... we should be on our way to boomvang and nansen as i type this. the fishing should be awesome tonight and through friday. i wish my boat repairer would get on my boat so we can get offshore.....rick

·
2,835 Posts
I hear you Mcgolfer. I just finished getting rid of 28 moocher's who came over for Thanksgiving. They drank and ate everything. They even took all the left overs.

I was just checking my email and I have an invite to go tuna fishing at Boomvang and Nansen. The boat leaves at 10am tomorrow morning. I have taken two straight three day weekends fishing and hunting. Both of them were almost with no sleep. I'm one beat POS.

All I have to do is drive to Port A by 10am. I'm so far behind at work. I really need to go in Friday morning. I really don't have much time to think about it.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Come on MrBill, you can work when you can't fish. This is your payback for being a gracious host. Go get 'em.

I hear ya Rick. Light a fire under that mechanic. It's fishing time!

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Hi Rick I feel your pain, I really hope your boat get fix soon.

I wanted to fish so bad:eek:

Mr.Bill, work can wait, but weather and tuna won't wait for you. Pack up and get going :D . If you decided to go, good luck to you all and catch one for me .

·
2,835 Posts
I decided to stay home. I got a lot done at work today. I can catch up by working Sat and Sun. I can fish any weekend I want and I feel I made the right choice. I eat everyday. Money and customers are important to me.

I also just won an incredible bet. A Texas friend gave me 10 points on the Texas/Texas A&m game that was played today. If A&M actually won the game the bet would be doubled. Guess what, I am 2 "G"'s better off then I was this morning. Thank you Aggies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brad
the lights are installed and we are just waiting for the mechanic to fix our motor.....rick

·
2,037 Posts
did you put those light on the trim tab stantions? I saw some that were pretty neat...

Ya know Rick.... I am ASE Master Certified in auto repair.. I is a retired grease monkey...lol. Career change last year to what I do now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ronnie
we ended up putting them on the port and starboard sides near the transom. being a cat hull the motors were an issue if we wanted to put them in the transom. i did know that you were a mechanic but i also know you live in the dfw area and my boat is in freeeport.....rick

·
106 Posts
Still the port motor having issues? Did you ever end up getting the right gasket for the cover? I have to say, the duct tape held up pretty dang well on that trip.

Brad

·
1,718 Posts
Yeah, while I was sitting on Vance's porch I knew the seas were laid down big time. Hardly a breath of air and fog in the mornings. Ice cream! NOAA radio would report..."Freeport to Matagorda Ship Channel 20 nautical miles to 60 nautical miles, seas 1 feet." I was dying!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts