missed opportunity

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by mcgolfer, Nov 23, 2006.

1. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

damn tj... we should be on our way to boomvang and nansen as i type this. the fishing should be awesome tonight and through friday. i wish my boat repairer would get on my boat so we can get offshore.....rick

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I hear you Mcgolfer. I just finished getting rid of 28 moocher's who came over for Thanksgiving. They drank and ate everything. They even took all the left overs.

I was just checking my email and I have an invite to go tuna fishing at Boomvang and Nansen. The boat leaves at 10am tomorrow morning. I have taken two straight three day weekends fishing and hunting. Both of them were almost with no sleep. I'm one beat POS.

All I have to do is drive to Port A by 10am. I'm so far behind at work. I really need to go in Friday morning. I really don't have much time to think about it.

3. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

Come on MrBill, you can work when you can't fish. This is your payback for being a gracious host. Go get 'em.

I hear ya Rick. Light a fire under that mechanic. It's fishing time!

4. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Hi Rick I feel your pain, I really hope your boat get fix soon.

I wanted to fish so bad:eek:

Mr.Bill, work can wait, but weather and tuna won't wait for you. Pack up and get going :D . If you decided to go, good luck to you all and catch one for me .

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I decided to stay home. I got a lot done at work today. I can catch up by working Sat and Sun. I can fish any weekend I want and I feel I made the right choice. I eat everyday. Money and customers are important to me.

I also just won an incredible bet. A Texas friend gave me 10 points on the Texas/Texas A&m game that was played today. If A&M actually won the game the bet would be doubled. Guess what, I am 2 "G"'s better off then I was this morning. Thank you Aggies.

6. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

Rick,
    what's up with the Phat Cat? Did you ever get those underwater lights installed?

Brad

7. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

brad
    the lights are installed and we are just waiting for the mechanic to fix our motor.....rick

8. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

did you put those light on the trim tab stantions? I saw some that were pretty neat...

Ya know Rick.... I am ASE Master Certified in auto repair.. I is a retired grease monkey...lol. Career change last year to what I do now.

9. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

ronnie
    we ended up putting them on the port and starboard sides near the transom. being a cat hull the motors were an issue if we wanted to put them in the transom. i did know that you were a mechanic but i also know you live in the dfw area and my boat is in freeeport.....rick

10. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

maybe he can fix hybrids also.

11. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

Still the port motor having issues? Did you ever end up getting the right gasket for the cover? I have to say, the duct tape held up pretty dang well on that trip.

Brad

12. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

yes it is still the port motor....rick

13. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Yeah, while I was sitting on Vance's porch I knew the seas were laid down big time. Hardly a breath of air and fog in the mornings. Ice cream! NOAA radio would report..."Freeport to Matagorda Ship Channel 20 nautical miles to 60 nautical miles, seas 1 feet." I was dying!