missed it by THAT much!!!!

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by SkeeterRonnie, Jun 4, 2009.

1. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

Yes - one heck of a deal! Better luck next time!

2. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Something is wrong here.

3. Anuvat

Anuvat Senior Member

When it's too good to be true, it usually is. A close buddy had a similar deal, sent payment and never saw the boat. Turned out to be a Nigerian scam.

4. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

When it's too good to be true, it usually is. A close buddy had a similar deal, sent payment and never saw the boat. Turned out to be a Nigerian scam.
    Anuvat - it may take a while for the boat to arrive to US from Nigeria - jk :D

5. TBaker

TBaker Senior Member

Among other things, does it bother anyone that, assuming Volvo Pentax (a camera) refers to Volvo Penta (an inboard engine), Grady-White has NEVER made an inboard of any kind, only outboards? And a 200HP outboard as an emergency on a 26'? Yikes! :confused:

6. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I have seen grady inboards, but I do think it was a scam. 200hp kicker is ridiculous.

7. masonboro

masonboro Senior Member

Consider yourself "Lucky" you missed this deal.Something is very wrong with the boat,extra outboard and probably the fishing tackle.Also,Grady-White has not built an inboard for years.I have been in the boat and marine industry for over 20 year's and I promise you,you got lucky missing out on this one!!

8. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

cool. one of the folks said they were on the phone with the old lady selling it? maybe a few of them in a scam together.

9. Bret

Bret Senior Member

yeah, you dont want a grady.. they are pieces of shit anyway...

10. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

11. day0ne

day0ne Senior Member

Grady-White has NEVER made an inboard of any kind, only outboards? :

Not so. I've seen many Grady's with I/O's, (which I prefer)

12. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

An I/O is not an Inboard though. Big difference. I have to agree that something does not smell right here. If that thing were for real, you could throw $25,000 on it and sell it just as quickly....

13. TBaker

TBaker Senior Member

Then I stand corrected, my apologies. But it must have been a long time back (well before '96). I remember about 4 yrs. ago I badgered a Grady rep at the NY boat show about not having an inboard (preferably diesel) option on their larger (30' and up) models. He said it simply wasn't part of the company philosophy. I think his quote was "We do outboards, period".

14. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

i want that boat that Mr Bill lets sit in his driveway!!!! the one he never uses.. think its a Robalo?