360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
797 Posts
i can see how she duzzit..... if your having trouble catching it, just pause it wherever you're losing it........ just move your cursor off the screen and a clear 'paused' picture will appear

no, i don't use that knot but would consider it in an emergency if i tested it first

·
797 Posts
Snagged said:
This one?

i saw that one too, but that's knot :)rolleyes:) it

it is a bowline alright but a variation that looks like it'd be better than a standard bowline for tieing heavy mono........ i'd have to tie it again but i believe all that's happening there is the tag end comes across perpendicular to the length of the line insteada downward in line like in a standard bowline

if any o'that makes any sense

·
654 Posts
that's a flyfishing knot the "perfection loop"!!
this is the page i taught myself to tie it off

Perfection Loop

I've tied dozens of these without it ever occurring to try it to attach hooks/swivels :rolleyes:

It's a terrifically strong knot and fast to tie, I can almost do it with one hand, I've used with up to 100lb mono, and as long as you pull it tight, it will hold very well and not slip

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the perfection loop, It does look like the Baja. But when I tie it like she does it slips? If the mexican bowline and the perfection loop is the same then I'm OK. AAAHHHAAA!!! I just tied the perfection loop and undid the loop to see how she crossed it and it worked. Mexican bowline= Perfection loop= Baja! Now I can sleep at night!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts