Mexican Bowline

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Phat Tuna, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Junior member

Just saw this knot used to attach heavy line to a trolling skirt. She did it so fast I could knot see how she did it. Does anyone know/use this knot?
    Sport Fishing - Videos

2. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

i can see how she duzzit..... if your having trouble catching it, just pause it wherever you're losing it........ just move your cursor off the screen and a clear 'paused' picture will appear

no, i don't use that knot but would consider it in an emergency if i tested it first

3. Bill Fisher

4. Bill Fisher

5. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Baja

Under a different name

6. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Junior member

Thanks Bill. I am going to play around with it this weekend with some stress tests.

7. Bill Fisher

Baja

Under a different name

dang!---that's it! (looking at the end results)

but i'll be damned if those instructions make any sense to me

8. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

that's a flyfishing knot the "perfection loop"!!
    this is the page i taught myself to tie it off

Perfection Loop

I've tied dozens of these without it ever occurring to try it to attach hooks/swivels :rolleyes:

It's a terrifically strong knot and fast to tie, I can almost do it with one hand, I've used with up to 100lb mono, and as long as you pull it tight, it will hold very well and not slip

9. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Junior member

I know the perfection loop, It does look like the Baja. But when I tie it like she does it slips? If the mexican bowline and the perfection loop is the same then I'm OK. AAAHHHAAA!!! I just tied the perfection loop and undid the loop to see how she crossed it and it worked. Mexican bowline= Perfection loop= Baja! Now I can sleep at night!

10. bunile

bunile Senior Member

She's selling lures, lookout !!!