360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ghost Hunter Popping 200 & 300 RESTOCK ALERT!

Tested, proven, and worthy to proudly wear the name Ghost Hunter. Limited quantity restock on the Ghost Hunter 300 Popping Rod! Available now via the link below:
bit.ly/jwghosthunterpopping300

Black Widow 2-Piece Popping Rods are FINALLY HERE!
Our infamous Black Widow 200 & 300 are now available in spinning models.

Check them out here: http://www.jiggingworld.com/black-widow-series-rods/

·
597 Posts
Looking to pick up the GH200. Any take on which Penn Slammer III reel would pair up well with this rod? Will be slinging poppers, stickbaits, irons around 2 - 4.5oz possibly a little heavier. I've had the 100 and 150 when they first came up and loved the rods. Targeting West Coast YFT, BFT, YT, Wahoo. Need a little stiffer rod as the 150 is a little parabolic for the bigger grade fish that we're seeing down here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thank you, I liked this model but was told it wouldn’t be ideal in charter boat because I won’t be able to control the YFT and it’ll cross other lines

·
Registered
105 Posts
I showed my cousin the video of the GH 150 (YouTube) on a boat and he was struggling to pull in a Tuna. My cousin mentioned that when on a charter we should ‘control’ our fishes to minimize cross other folks line. I don’t know what that meant, i assume a stiffer rod to just power in the tuna? I’ve never been on a charter and plan to go for some YFT. Read a lot of great things about the GH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts