Meet the NEWEST Jigging World Tuna Rods!

Discussion in 'JiggingWorld.com' started by jiggingworld, Sep 18, 2017.

1. jiggingworld

jiggingworld Site Sponsor

Ghost Hunter Popping 200 & 300 RESTOCK ALERT!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tested, proven, and worthy to proudly wear the name Ghost Hunter. Limited quantity restock on the Ghost Hunter 300 Popping Rod! Available now via the link below:
    bit.ly/jwghosthunterpopping300

Black Widow 2-Piece Popping Rods are FINALLY HERE!
    Our infamous Black Widow 200 & 300 are now available in spinning models.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Check them out here: http://www.jiggingworld.com/black-widow-series-rods/

Gonefishings likes this.
  2. sharkfishing76

sharkfishing76 Fishing Guru

Great rods we landed in one day two 160-180 one over 300 and one almost 400 all on 300

3. coastalwerks

coastalwerks Senior Member

Looking to pick up the GH200. Any take on which Penn Slammer III reel would pair up well with this rod? Will be slinging poppers, stickbaits, irons around 2 - 4.5oz possibly a little heavier. I've had the 100 and 150 when they first came up and loved the rods. Targeting West Coast YFT, BFT, YT, Wahoo. Need a little stiffer rod as the 150 is a little parabolic for the bigger grade fish that we're seeing down here.

4. Thuan Tran

Thuan Tran Active Member

I just picked up the Slammer 3 6500, following! Would a 200g be ideal for YFT 50lbs range?

5. Thewooha

Thewooha Well-Known Member

way overkill, the 150g is abetter fit

Thuan Tran likes this.
  6. Thuan Tran

Thuan Tran Active Member

Thank you, I liked this model but was told it wouldn’t be ideal in charter boat because I won’t be able to control the YFT and it’ll cross other lines

7. Thewooha

Thewooha Well-Known Member

I don't see any issues why you wouldn't be able to fish a popping rod on a charter boat? is it the lenght?

8. Thuan Tran

Thuan Tran Active Member

I showed my cousin the video of the GH 150 (YouTube) on a boat and he was struggling to pull in a Tuna. My cousin mentioned that when on a charter we should ‘control’ our fishes to minimize cross other folks line. I don’t know what that meant, i assume a stiffer rod to just power in the tuna? I’ve never been on a charter and plan to go for some YFT. Read a lot of great things about the GH