Maui Recommendations

Discussion in 'Pelagics' started by The Great PF, Jun 6, 2009.

1. The Great PF

The Great PF Senior Member

I need your help, please.

We are planning a vacation to Maui next spring (yeah, I know it's a long way off), and I'd hope to catch a fish or two while I'm out there, perhaps tuna, wahoo, dolphin or marlin. Since I primarily fish in GOM, I have no idea about what charter captain to engage. I'd be looking for a smaller boat, and since my wife and daughter would be along, they'd prefer to fish with a woman captain.

Can anyone on this board suggest a captain/boat, somewhere in the $1,000 - $1,200 range?

Thanks, all.

2. JPKIPP63

JPKIPP63 Member

Contact Gay Peavy at this email and she can help you. I lived there for 12 years and i would definitely leave from malaea harbor for better chances. You should also leave around 6 am to get to fad before anyone else. Also your odds are usually better on weekdays before locals go on weekends. Gay Peavy and her husband are partners of mine in panama at hooked on panama fishing lodge and she will know who to recommend since they have a boat in that harbor. Her email is [email protected]

3. The Great PF

The Great PF Senior Member

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I sent her an e-mail a few minutes ago. I appreciate your kindness.

The Great PF