360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a sweet 6'6" 250g spinning rod and was searching for a compatible reel for it. My first pick would be a Saragosa 18000 or even a 8000/10000 Stella SW. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

astro..

·
5,457 Posts
Just purchased a sweet 6'6" 250g spinning rod and was searching for a compatible reel for it. My first pick would be a Saragosa 18000 or even a 8000/10000 Stella SW. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

astro..

For a 250g rod all you need is a 8000fa or 10000SW PG. Anything more is just extra weight

d-a

·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I left that detail out. I fish mainly in the GOM and would like to use this rod for popping/site casting. I already have rigs for jigging so i figure a 6'6" rod would be great for slinging a popper for tuna or site casting for the occasional mahi around weedlines.

·
1,262 Posts
If you can afford it, go with the 10K Stella....probably one of the most versatile saltwater spinning reels available. You can catch BIG fish if you hapen into one, but also not too heavy. The top two sizes of each reel (stellas, saragosas) are the same weight, diffeent configuration I believe, so go with the next step down.

·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decided to go with the stella 8000sw, using bing and 10% cashback, it was a pretty good deal. Damn this cabin fever...:p

astro...:D

·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill say it once again " there is no limit on tackle" :D keep it going Joe

Its a beautiful thing..and come on!..10% cashback...:p

astro...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts