Marlin trolling with stickbait

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Feb 18, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

There is a good article of mix up spread with the stickbait along with other unconventional lures on February Marlin magazine.
    I carries Huru lures for GT/tuna fishermen, but I didn't know they are so popular for trolling marlin in Australia until recently.

I tried to troll Heru Ulua.Wahoo stickbait on the Panama trip in Jan, but I couldn't use them because Capt didn't like to troll anything except live skipjack. I am going to insist to use the stickbaits when I go back to Panama in April.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

they have some photos up on their website now that came in too late to be included with the article....... Marlin Magazine

3. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Ksong,

What's the price of those stickbaits?

4. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Ksong,

What's the price of those stickbaits?
    $35-38
    I readjusted price.
    When I reordered Heru lures, I realized the cost of Heru stickbait is $10 more than other Heru poppers. :eek:
    For some reason I believed stickbaits are a few dollar more than other Heru poppers. :(

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

are you planning to bring many stickbaits to panama other than for trolling?

6. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

hey bret

i bought a crapton of those herus from kil this past sunday. they are super nice quality and the 150g ones are huge. Theyre a great value. If you want we can troll a few of them on our boat

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

hey bret

i bought a crapton of those herus from kil this past sunday. they are super nice quality and the 150g ones are huge. Theyre a great value. If you want we can troll a few of them on our boat

You bougt enough Heru lures to be used by three boats. :)
    Here is lure info in website in Australia. they are not cheap. :)

Bluewater