Marlin bite

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by capitanmarcos, Dec 15, 2006.

1. capitanmarcos

capitanmarcos Guest

Released two blue marlin yesterdayaround 200 lbs. along with a couple of sails. Released a blue last week around 350lbs. and the day after 4 bigeye tuna 20-25 lbs on bait rod with jumping minnow. The big tuna were there but they had lockjaw.

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Hey Mark, Welcome to 360tuna. There are lots of marlin fisherman on board here and we look forward to your input. Me, Rick and Betsi will be down there in about 45days.. Cant wait... Keep the reports coming.

Oh yeah , check out the hunting forum. there are a few stories that remind me of the old Austwell days.

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Captianmarcos,
    How far are you from Los Suenos Resort? I might be going there in Feb for a week. What kind of boat do you run?

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

5. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

Heres a video of a world record blue marlin shot with a spear gun. You have to watch an american express ad before you can view the video.

]

i don't have an american express card,..... and now, for sure, never will

not EVEN gonna open that link because whatever website it's on might be making profits from it's advertisers on the number of 'hits' it gets

i just can't bring myself to do anything that promotes the killing of billfish under the guise of a sport(?)........ pulling a trigger on a marlin??

6. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

i don't have an american express card,..... and now, for sure, never will

not EVEN gonna open that link because whatever website it's on might be making profits from it's advertisers on the number of 'hits' it gets

i just can't bring myself to do anything that promotes the killing of billfish under the guise of a sport(?)........ pulling a trigger on a marlin??

Here, here! Bravo!

I too support no dead marlin.

7. Bill Fisher

Here, here! Bravo!

I too support no dead marlin.

thanx..... it's-crap-like-that that's gonna cause ALL recreational billfishing to be outlawed some day

them tree-huggin' organizations got alotta pull....... hate to see stuff like that plastered all over the 'net'

'fraid it's gonna come back to haunt us one-o'these-days

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I didn't mean to piss anybody off. I also don't kill marlin. I've released every marlin I've ever caught except a couple that I had no choice. I never kill anything unless I eat it. I still think that a Blue Marlin is the best game fish in blue water. I dream about marlin every night.

9. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

MrBill,
    From a wanna be tackle ho to a tackle ho.... I had no doubts about your stance on killing bill fish.
    I do not want to stick a marlin with a spear gun. Them wahoo might outta be wary. :)
    Oh yeah, you ain't pissed me off none. I'm still young enough that some nights I dream about my wife and my blue girls!!

RERAIL! Welcome to the board Capitanmarcos. I look forward to your input here. What are you dragging that the blues find so inviting?

10. Bill Fisher

I didn't mean to piss anybody off. I also don't kill marlin. I've released every marlin I've ever caught except a couple that I had no choice. I never kill anything unless I eat it. I still think that a Blue Marlin is the best game fish in blue water. I dream about marlin every night.

mr (not) Bill,..... didn't mean to come on so strong voicing my disapproval of spearfishing for marlin........ it's just that i see'em as a worthy adversary and more deserving of having a stick run thru'em just because it can be done

it's an illegal method of taking billfish for me as it is (where i fish), but some places play by their own rules (or lack of'em)

the rules imposed upon me and my fisheries seem to be formed (in a large part) by public opinion....... whether or not that opinion was reached based on data collected from my area or around the world remains to be seen

but i personally believe that the regs are also being influenced by what is happening outside o'the area where i fish

'fraid they're gonna look at stuff like that and say, "WOW!, marlin are being killed with spearguns!...... we gotta do somehting!........ hey!, i know!, let's stop Bill Fisher from ever using J-hooks again!...... he might kill one too!"

big brudder's been after my guns for years...... what's next?,..... my rod-and-reels?

overboard?....... maybe

but what if i'm not just being overly paranoid?.......

i'll be selling my sportfisher and all my equipment for less-than-10 cents-on-the-dollar once i've been 'shut-down'

i stand to lose more than just my right to fish for marlin...... i'll be losing a part o'my life

i dream about'em too,........ but sure would hate to get reduced to 'only dreaming'

11. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

MrBill,
    Oh yeah, you ain't pissed me off none. I'm still young enough that some nights I dream about my wife and my blue girls!!

?

Maybe this will brighten up your day. I also dream of other things besides Marlin. My special thanks to Ksong for this outstanding photo.

Attached Files:

12. Bill Fisher

special thanks to Ksong for this outstanding photo.

nice 'pic'!......

maybe next time he'll give you one with some fish in it!

;)

13. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Yea, no personal flotation device needed for this angler.

14. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

nice 'pic'!......

maybe next time he'll give you one with some fish in it!

;)

Does this one have a fish in it?

Attached Files:

15. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

16. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

Boy, those pictures remind me of the good old days. I have some great stories about well endowed female anglers. It's amazing how they can use those things to even bring in fish. But, I'm a calmed down responsible married man now and those memories will just have to stay embedded in my brain.

17. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Nice pair of flounders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

18. She is a catch....How much they weigh? (the flounder)

19. Bret

Bret Senior Member

where ya out of CaptMarcos?
    he fishes out of Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica.

20. capitanmarcos

capitanmarcos Guest

We fish out of Zancudo, costa Rica. Its about 20 minutes from Golfito . We have two 28foot Makovers. Lengthened 2110 to 28ft. with twin four strokes pushing. Still a good marlin bite. One capitan out of a competitors lodge released two blues, two sails and a dorado yesterday. Sails should start showing up soon in big numbers.