360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Oli used some in Panama. I think he got some fish on it. I checked them out up close and the ceramic body is very nice. They're quite heavy and small so casting should be a breeze. I don't recall what hooks were used however and how they would or would not handle casting to big fish.

my only concern with tiny lures would be a fish completely inhaling them and then having the leader broken on their teeth. But it wouldnt hurt to try :)

·
2,835 Posts
Mark White makes a great lure. I bought a half dozen about a year ago. I forgot about them until you just posted. I need to get them wet and see what will eat them. I remember opening the package was was impressed.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to suggest that he (Mark White) might experiment using 14/0 Ulua hooks aka Circle hooks instead of trebles.

Mr. Bill, I will eagerly await your report! I can see them used in every body of water fished! The little ones are used for Smallmouth bass in Hawaii and the big ones for Ulua aka Gaint Trevalle, howeve,r I can easily see them being used for any surface bite inshore as well as offshore!

·
2,924 Posts
Im getting some for tuna i think they would work great when they are feeding on small baits but I just sent a email about the through wire so I can understand how they work other than that i like the design. I would bet my ass they get devoured when worked quickly through a school of tuna

·
553 Posts
Brah, I have a couple of 1.5oz. So far only hooked a few jacks sight casting for them. $$$hit loads of fun. Tried to entice pompanos with it but don't think pomps come to da top if at all. Got a few 3oz on da way.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brah, I have a couple of 1.5oz. So far only hooked a few jacks sight casting for them. $$$hit loads of fun. Tried to entice pompanos with it but don't think pomps come to da top if at all. Got a few 3oz on da way.
Now that's what I'm talking about, brah! Jacks, Pompano its all papio to me!:D

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im getting some for tuna i think they would work great when they are feeding on small baits . . .
I would bet my ass they get devoured when worked quickly through a school of tuna
Yeah, buddy, that's what I am counting on! Can't wait to see a report!
The 3" length is the body length, I think. If you count the squid skirt, the length might be 6"

·
Super Moderator
6,217 Posts
So I'm to assume your thru-wire question was answered
favorably?
If they're good enough for Glenn..........:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts