360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
The Maria Boar seems to be dynamite on GT, from what I've seen in Japanese videos. I've fished one a fair bit.The lure has a lot of 'presence' in the water & it could be too much for some fish. I target yellowtail kingfish & I've had them follow but not strike the lure. Could be that it's somehow too obvious for yellowtail kings.
There is a new Duo lure recently released which looks a similar sort of thing to the Maria Boar. It's the Duo BlueDrive 195S.

2,338 Posts
Lorenz, thank you for posting this one up. I ended up going to the Maria Japan web site and it is great. This is one of the few sites I've seen that give "optimum" set up from lure, line, rod to reel. This is helpful to beginners and experienced anglers as well.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hi,
A local shop had a couple of shibukis left for 50% off and tackle house k-ten :p

Maria Boar 195mm 85g

Shibuki v186ls 79g (lippless)
V186ms 80g
V158ms 56g

Sinking Works, K-ten:
BK 175 SW, 58g
BK 140 SW, 51g
(weight transfer system, fully wired in 140/175mm, with Owner 66(?))
Gesture Feather Jewellery Electric blue Art

Writing implement Office supplies Feather Pen Font

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi,
The Boar works for me.
Marine invertebrates Fish Marine biology Wood Soil

Any advice for something heavier?
~120-150g?
Like the FCL TG floating/sinking 190/240, which is around 60$. I didn't get comfortable with the Orion plug tropic, yet...

Edit:
I came across Mangrove Studio - Pro Strike in 20cm/100g as Black Friday deal. I will give them a try...

Edit2:
The 200mm/100g is advertised as floating, but there are two sinking versions with/without lip with 180/185g, too.
Fish Animal product Surface lure Metal Electric blue

Surface lure Fish Electric blue Animal product Fashion accessory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts