·
Site Sponsor
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Site Sponsor
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this forum tends to lend itself more to serious fisherman than typical internet drama. That being said I am surprised by the lack of interest in supporting our right to fish. I'm sure some of you are involved and maybe just don't talk about it.

There is a march on D.C. on February 24th. I have arranged for chartered bus service from Hilton Head and Charleston, SC for this event. The cost per person is $100.00 and will depart around midnight the 23rd. and return around 5AM on the 25th..

There will be a bunch of fishing seminars and raffles with alot of donated gear and gift certificates to be passed out. Please contact me, Courtland Babcock at 843-301-4408 if you would like to be included either as a supporter or a sponsor. Thanks.

·
162 Posts
I wouldnt miss it for the world.I was going to post on here soon about it cause its the only site i havent seen any info about it.

Its about the govt and peta trying to take away our rite to fish.Its time we got off our asses and did something about it.

·
Site Sponsor
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is this for, specifically. I'm sure with more details more people would be interested.

Sorry, I thought most of you would be up to speed. The rally is "United we Fish". It is the first time in history that a rally involving fishermen and folks in the industry have ever marched on the Capitol. Due to the recent bout of closures, MPA's and shortened seasons around the country this rally was organized.

There are groups from all aspects of the fishing industries, tackle manufactures, boat companies, resort towns that rely on us for income and of course our national tree huggers will be there too. It would be downright embarassing to have more people protesting the rally than actually showed up.

Do a search for the RFA, FRA, CCA, etc. if you are not members of these groups, you might want to consider it. Protect YOUR rights to YOUR natural resources.

The true main goal of this is to force the government to adopt better science and realistic timeframes as opposed to these Knee-jerk reactions(closures) that will eventually effect anyone and everyone in this industry.

Hope to see some of you there!

·
162 Posts
Im hopin most of you(atleast east coast guys) are plannin on goin to this march and just not responding here.If youre not dont complain when all youre fancy jiggin and poppin rods,$1000 spinning reels and $50 jigs are just collecting dust because we cant use them anymore in the US. PETA is trying to phase out fishing and they have the govt in their back pocket.Are you willing to sit back and watch this happen?Im not.Theirs charter buses up and down the coast lookin for guys.Get on one of them.PLEASE.

·
162 Posts
MJ are any buses leaving near here?
Yes one is leavin from King of Prussia area.Dan and I will be on it I have a few spots reserved already let me know i will save a seat for you and youre dad if ya want.Its less than $30 round trip ya cant beat it.

·
162 Posts
Ok guys the March will be here soon.It looks like its gained alot of momentum in the last few weeks but we still need all the help we can.Do what YOU can to save OUR fisheries.

·
162 Posts
For anyone who cant make it youre voice can still be heard.Heres a link to the petition you can sign to fix the Magnuson Act.Even if youre going you can still sign it.Fix Magnuson Now

·
Site Sponsor
3,896 Posts
Great to see some guys from South of us are coming up! I was wondering about how far the word had spread -

Mike I'm def going either on your bus or Capt Joe offered me a ride with him and Ron from the Barn. Basically my truck is going to be loaded and I don't want to leave it in a lot somewhere...

I'll call you later this weekend

·
162 Posts
Great to see some guys from South of us are coming up! I was wondering about how far the word had spread -

Mike I'm def going either on your bus or Capt Joe offered me a ride with him and Ron from the Barn. Basically my truck is going to be loaded and I don't want to leave it in a lot somewhere...

I'll call you later this weekend
I'll pick ya up at youre front door if need be.

·
Site Sponsor
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bottom fishing in 95' and deeper to be closed for 35 years
The NMFS is closing the Red Snapper fishery January 4th

Yes we are living it here in SC. Stopped in 90' on the way in from trolling the other day. 4 snapper and a nice gag in about 5 minutes, all had to go back. We were looking for triggers and sea bass and I decided to move off the spot before we did any more damage. They would have made a nice addition to the box!

I hope to see all of you there. We (the bus we are putting together) have a meeting with our local representatives in DC right before the Rally and then we are marching with them to the Rally. Capt. Mark Brown has been working real hard on this.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.