Marbled Commercial Gaffs

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Armbreaker Custom Rods, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Armbreaker Custom Rods

Armbreaker Custom Rods Site Sponsor

Armbreaker now offers these fantastic Commercial Gaffs,marbled to match your rods we build for you.
    Heavy Duty Commercial Gaff
    Stainless Steel Hook & Sleeve
    Solid Hardwood / Acts as Clubbing Device
    Proven Hook Design~ Safer,Easier,Accurate
    Sure Grip Handle
    Endless Design/Color Options
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.360tuna.com/gallery/.gldata/1/3/9/6/CommercailFishingMarbledGaffs031.JPG

Take a look at our Genuine Ostrich leather grips~

YouTube - SICKEST Fishing Rods on The Planet! Amazing Genuine Ostrich Leather Grips!!

2. Van Wildonher

Van Wildonher Member

How is it that you use those gaffs? Looks to me that they would only be good to pull the fish closer to the boat thus having a greater chance of the line rubbing/breaking on the boat... Unless it's just a weird angle of the pictures.

3. julie20099

julie20099 Guest

A lot happens. I used to work for a designer. We received materials. SOme of this stuff we put together at the headquarters... some of the stuff we put in boxes and hand delivered to people in town who put the materials together for her. And some of the stuff was shipped off to another manufacturer who put the stuff together for us. Then they would ship the finished product back to us. Example: The boss would receive various animal hides... she'd ship them off to be made into boots, belts, etc.. Then the stuff would be shipped back to us. I was the shipping and receiving clerk, so I would check packing slips to be sure they matched what we acutally sent. Large department stores and other catalog companies from all over the world would browse different catalogs from their wholesalers... We shipped all kinds of clothing items and jewelry and accessories to Nordstrom's, L.L. Bean, Macy's, and a host of other places.
    ==============
    Search Engine Optimization UK | Link Building Services

4. Baja Dreamer

Baja Dreamer Senior Member

How is it that you use those gaffs? Looks to me that they would only be good to pull the fish closer to the boat thus having a greater chance of the line rubbing/breaking on the boat... Unless it's just a weird angle of the pictures.

Those are not truly "gaffs" at all IMO, but rather they are "picks" used primarily in fish handling. Now having said that, I have also seen and used such as a gaff. I have used one in the surf on large fish, and I've seen the ones that look like a small baseball bat with a spike on the back used as a gaff on some pretty impressive fish in Alaska.

The trick is that so long as you hold tension against the hook it will hold. They work the exact same way a commercial feather pick does when fishing tuna from the racks with heavy lift or "jack" poles.

FISH HARD!

Chris

5. foogiftelve

foogiftelve Guest

Gday everyone. My name is in fact Dave and My partner and i wants to give my personal counselling as being a festival advisor. PhillyMoonBounces.com is without a doubt the cities principal backyard social gathering rental vendor. Specializing in moon bounces, water slides, dunking tanks, enormous slides & fun foods. Backyard get-togethers inside the greater Philadephia region are actually our only business. Simply just see me at inflatable philadelphia