360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start making my own bars and daisy chains for BFT in new england, not only to save some money but for the satisfaction of catching a cow on my own rig. I just don't really know where to start. Any links or tips would be helpfull. Thanks

·
1,262 Posts
They are fun to make and not that hard, good way to burn some time in the winter. When I started I did alot of google searches, but there aint that much out there surprisingly. Where are you located? I'd go to Fisherman's outfitter in Gloucester, ask them for some ideas (they can get you all the "parts". Look at some they have assembled there as a start. The key is getting the heavy crimpers, crimps and Mono.....you get better as you go and learn what to do and what not to do.....when I started I made some backwards, upside down, crimped sleeves before skirts were on... (granted I usually did this in the basement wit a few beers).

I have a line on a TON of shell squid if you are looking for them, let me know. Where are you located???

·
1,262 Posts
The last post, just before mine, had a good link. I meant to say in my first post, you will not save much money, if any at all, especially if you don't plan on making alot of them. If the assembled bars they have on their site are good quality, you wil NEVER make them cheaper.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes that site did have some great deals, thanks Bret. I live in Kittery Maine and work In Boston. so Gloucster isnt out of the way for me at all. Are you in Hampton NH? Google didnt bring much up for me either. But yeah it would be a great winter past time... with a few beers.

·
198 Posts
I fish Fisherman's Outfitter 4 ft bars . For their price, you can't save much off building your own and keeping the quality the same for components. Best bar around for $90. Go by and check them out. Maybe buy one and try building your own to match.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the input guys. Ill check fishermans outfitter. The company i work for gives me an apartment to stay at in Boston so i only commute at the beggining and end of my four day week. its only about an hour door to door, Not too bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts