360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

M/V Bluefin and Smith & Sons Charters

16K views 94 replies 35 participants last post by  Undersize 
#1 ·
It’s official, Smith and Sons Charters is the new operator of the Bluefin. I will be moving the boat to Galveston and it will be running out of Pier 19, the slip is near the Ocean Star museum parking lot.
I plan on doing mostly private trips but will still offer a good number of open trips, 12&36 hours in hopes to be able to continue to fish with many of you guys here on 360.
I plan to do some different style trips. I’d like to continue the 36 hr deep drop trips we did on the NB, I really liked the times and format of those. I also want to do some Wahoo trips in Jan and Feb and something else I have been wanting to do is run some 36 hour shrimp boat trips in August and September and target the jumbo BFT behind dragging shrimpers at night.
We will continue to run tuna trips but will extend them out to 36 hours to allow us to do some deep dropping on our way home from the floaters.
I have had a lot of interest into jigging only deep drop trips and I’m open to that and anything else you guys want to try.
I have not made a open boat schedule as of yet but am taking reservations for private trips.
My pricing will be.....
12 hours up to 17 passengers
Mon-Thurs 4,400
Fri-Sun 4,800
Open boat 12 hrs- $300 PP

36 hour private trips up to 10 passengers
During RS season (June-Aug)- $7,250
Weekends year round -$7250
Week days outside RS season -$6750

Open boat 36 hrs
Weekends and all days during RS season- $725
Week days -$675
*The majority of open boat trips will be week days, similar to what we have done on the NB.

The FB page and website are under construction but you can give us a call at
(409)213-1040.
Our office hours will be 4pm-8pm Mon-Fri
And 8am-8pm Sat-Sun.

See less See more
#89 ·
Captain Matt
It’s official, Smith and Sons Charters is the new operator of the Bluefin. I will be moving the boat to Galveston and it will be running out of Pier 19, the slip is near the Ocean Star museum parking lot.
I plan on doing mostly private trips but will still offer a good number of open trips, 12&36 hours in hopes to be able to continue to fish with many of you guys here on 360.
I plan to do some different style trips. I’d like to continue the 36 hr deep drop trips we did on the NB, I really liked the times and format of those. I also want to do some Wahoo trips in Jan and Feb and something else I have been wanting to do is run some 36 hour shrimp boat trips in August and September and target the jumbo BFT behind dragging shrimpers at night.
We will continue to run tuna trips but will extend them out to 36 hours to allow us to do some deep dropping on our way home from the floaters.
I have had a lot of interest into jigging only deep drop trips and I’m open to that and anything else you guys want to try.
I have not made a open boat schedule as of yet but am taking reservations for private trips.
My pricing will be.....
12 hours up to 17 passengers
Mon-Thurs 4,400
Fri-Sun 4,800
Open boat 12 hrs- $300 PP

36 hour private trips up to 10 passengers
During RS season (June-Aug)- $7,250
Weekends year round -$7250
Week days outside RS season -$6750

Open boat 36 hrs
Weekends and all days during RS season- $725
Week days -$675
*The majority of open boat trips will be week days, similar to what we have done on the NB.

The FB page and website are under construction but you can give us a call at
(409)213-1040.
Our office hours will be 4pm-8pm Mon-Fri
And 8am-8pm Sat-Sun.

Tried to DM directly. Site wouldn't let me.
What all do you guys provide on those 36 hour trips? And what all is allowed to be brought? (Limit on poles?)
I want to sign up for a trip with yall. Did a few trips on the New Bucc fishing next to a few of your former deck hands.
They did a trip with you the day before and yall killed it on BFT and a few YFT. They said nothing smaller then 10lbs went in the cooler as far as RS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.